Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Fico 9

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Fico 9

@gurusexy wrote:

Not sure if I just missed it because I havent seen anyone talking baout it? Just checked my Penfed score and it says Penfed has switched from NextGen to Fico 9? Any one know if they are using Fico 9 now for application decisions?

YAY! My score jumped 65 points! I was denied a car loan for the amount requested and then they cited my credit was too young. Gonna try again at end of year for my dream car!Smiley Very Happy

Message 61 of 120
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Called in my fico 09 is 610 up from 550 nexgen 2 score she was unsure why my score wasn't displayed on site .she was also unsure what the minimum 09 score was for credit approval but suggested 660 plus
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 62 of 120
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Im loving FICO 09!! LOL...PF has me at 717! They last had me at 662 for the next gen score Smiley Wink CLI time? I think so, LOL Smiley Happy

Oh my gosh, same here! My FICO 9's are 760 ish Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 63 of 120
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Tired of waiting on PenFed to reveal my Fico 9 scores so dropped them an email and recieved the following:

"

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

We have recently update our FICO score model. This has caused FICO scores to
become unavailable while displaying the following message: "999" or missing
values in the Credit Score field on the Member Detail Inquiry screen. Your
scores should become available in mid-September when new scores are pulled.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
PenFed Credit Union

So so looks like a few of us will have to wait a little longer for our scores unfortunatelySmiley Sad

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 64 of 120
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The problem with everyone now having 700+ scores, it will only be a matter of time til minimum requirements will rise to 760+

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 65 of 120
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Or, they were looking for creative ways to increase membership and product approvals....

Higher scores available and more approvals could mean more money in the short term. If the default rate goes up, they may revisit and raise the min. score. 

Just a wild guess.

Message 66 of 120
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Im loving FICO 09!! LOL...PF has me at 717! They last had me at 662 for the next gen score Smiley Wink CLI time? I think so, LOL Smiley Happy

Oh my gosh, same here! My FICO 9's are 760 ish Smiley Very Happy

shup up!  Seriously!! Thats awesome!! 

All of sudden Im thinking back to Waynes World (but more in a BK sense)...."we're not worthy, we're not worthy"!!  LOL

Message 67 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is 718 ! From 675 penfed next gen scoreSmiley Happy Eq fico 09 apparently. My Eq fico 08 must be 691 or something

Message 68 of 120
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

My Fico 9's are quite lower than my Fico 8's.

Why do things always seem to change when I seem to find something good? Smiley Tongue

Message 69 of 120
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Total80sKid wrote:

My Fico 9's are quite lower than my Fico 8's.

Why do things always seem to change when I seem to find something good? Smiley Tongue

No kidding!  So it looks like it's just me, you, and Irish80 suffering here.  At least Irish has some kind or delinquency error going on with his; what's our excuse?  For me I can only speculate that utilization is being penalized on otherwise squeaky clean reports much heavier on 09 than on 08 scores, and like my 08 scores I'm being hit for a handful of new accounts in the past 6 months.  We're all in different buckets so it's really hard to get a handle on how and why things are handled differently.  Vantage score models hate my profile even worse!

The good news for the handful of us is that so far it seems that NFCU and PenFed are the only two to be using the 09 scores, and we know that they both have fairly lenient underwriting standards.  For the majority of people here, this is going to be a very welcome change.

Message 70 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.