Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Insight

tag
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Penfed Insight

Hi Folks!

Hoping some can help me with  stats when approved for a Penfed product. Mostly looking for what your NextGen fico score was at the time of approval/denial, but any other info would be greatly appreciated!

DW has been a member for going on 6 months now. She has a Checking/Thrifty & Promise card currently. The promise card was only approved after a successful recon. (SL $500) 

Her FICO 08 is 710, NextGen 630 at time of membership and currently 647 per Penfeds update 3/1/2016

BK 7 2007

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Insight

@Bone35 wrote:

Hi Folks!

Hoping some can help me with  stats when approved for a Penfed product. Mostly looking for what your NextGen fico score was at the time of approval/denial, but any other info would be greatly appreciated!

DW has been a member for going on 6 months now. She has a Checking/Thrifty & Promise card currently. The promise card was only approved after a successful recon. (SL $500) 

Her FICO 08 is 710, NextGen 630 at time of membership and currently 647 per Penfeds update 3/1/2016

BK 7 2007

Thanks in advance!

I havent received a NextGen score from PenFed due to not having a credit card with them, however yesterday I was approved for a checking account and Thrifty. Last month I was approved for membership. I have apped for all of their lower tiered cards and was denied.  It seemed that their system was trying to approve me based on a 14K limit according to the CSR and when she tried to retry the app with a lower limit I was still denied. 

I do plan to send an email for recon to see what happens. My scores are in my signature.

Message 2 of 13
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bone35 wrote:

Hi Folks!

BK 7 2007

Thanks in advance!

I havent received a NextGen score from PenFed due to not having a credit card with them, however yesterday I was approved for a checking account and Thrifty. Last month I was approved for membership. I have apped for all of their lower tiered cards and was denied.  It seemed that their system was trying to approve me based on a 14K limit according to the CSR and when she tried to retry the app with a lower limit I was still denied. 

I do plan to send an email for recon to see what happens. My scores are in my signature.

Thanks for the response!

Wish you the best with your recon.

If i remember correctly....Every denial letter has your nextgen credit score on the bottom. You should check to see online in your message inbox.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

660 NextGen Fico almos a year ago when I was approved back to back for 2 penfed cards. I had a share membership for about 15 months before they gave me credit products. 

I decided to pull the trigger on Promise Visa and was instantly approved. I was happy even though the limit was small. 

fgf.jpg

Then I decided to pull the trigger on the travel amex back to back, and was instantly approved! my jaw dropped! NextGen Fico 660, monthly net income around 8,000.00

dfdf.jpg.

Lots of inquiries on EQ but no badddies. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about your AE PenFed card: does that app ultimately get approval thru AE?  

I recently took out a car loan and got a high CL on a Visa w them and would love to get back in w AE but they dropped me in 2008 along w my BK13. 

I'm concerned if I, later down the road, app for the AE I will get auto declined same as I would if I were apping direct.

Thanks

ps. I'm not military but is there any way to translate/piggyback/optimize (you get the idea) my PFCU membership into a USAA relationship?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they keep whatever score they pulled for membership or products for 90 days, you can apply for more stuff or increases within that time frame. Thats what I did.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

But does American Express have anything to do w the approval process or are they simply branded w PFCU and all underwriting is still done by PenFed?

Thanks

Message 7 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

But does American Express have anything to do w the approval process or are they simply branded w PFCU and all underwriting is still done by PenFed?

Thanks

Amex Aka Centurion bank has nothing to do with PenFed approval of their Amex card..  PenFed Amex just runs on the Amex payment network so it is completly up to PenFed whether they are to approve you or not.  Centurion bank has nothing to do with approval/decline of this product

Message 8 of 13
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Thx ddemari!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bone35 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bone35 wrote:

Hi Folks!

BK 7 2007

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the response!

Wish you the best with your recon.

If i remember correctly....Every denial letter has your nextgen credit score on the bottom. You should check to see online in your message inbox.

Thanks again.

NextGen is 609 according to the letter in my messages.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.