Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Mailed me Application?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Penfed Mailed me Application?

It does not look like any kind of pre-approval, did they send this to all members that don't have a credit product with them?

The fixed 7.9% for 36 months would be fantastic but I feel like they will hate my score, debt, and inq!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Mailed me Application?

@Creditaddict wrote:

It does not look like any kind of pre-approval, did they send this to all members that don't have a credit product with them?

The fixed 7.9% for 36 months would be fantastic but I feel like they will hate my score, debt, and inq!!!

Don't worry. In a year, when your self-imposed application hiatus will be over, your scores and your util might look much better Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Nope.. no PenFed mail app love for me but maybe b/c I just became a new member this month and was already turned down once for the rewards visa.

I am kind of hoping that when my score finally does bounce back into the mid 700's and I apply for a car loan with them that they will make a cc offer at the same time but maybe that is just wishful thinking =)

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Strongest app (third try) denied with 742 12 uti and 3 inq- for  pyramids and too many inq.  Others seem to get in with slightly weaker profiles YMMV.

May have to swear off apps for the duration and repair score to become a candidate.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
USC08
Frequent Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Strongest app (third try) denied with 742 12 uti and 3 inq- for  pyramids and too many inq.  Others seem to get in with slightly weaker profiles YMMV.

May have to swear off apps for the duration and repair score to become a candidate.

what does it mean with pyramid debts?

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Most lenders use "pyramiding" to mean that your debt level is increasing, or that you're adding accounts but not decreasing your actual debt.

PenFed has been known to use the term to mean adding available credit, even if there's insignificant debt, or debt is dropping.

eta: sometimes you'll see a post that so-and-so is an Egyptian, meaning that they're pyramiding, as opposed to where they're from.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.