Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards

I have had the Cash Rewards card since July 2011.  Originally got it for a BT that was paid off, then bought a motorcycle with it, but since 2013 have only used it for gas.  As others said it's nice to have the rewards taken off the statement without redemption.  I was amazed they gave it to me because the only bad marks on my CR were for late mortgage payments with them.  Remember that it only gives you the 5% for using it at the pump not by merchant code.  If you go inside to pay it won't give you the 5%.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 21 of 23
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Very interesting read. What are the requirements for this card, CS, AAoA, Profile, History? I've always heard that Penfed can be difficult to get in with they did coin the phrase ' Pyramiding debt' 

Message 22 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Joe it really varies. When my CS was 780 I was denied, but when they reused my same pull a couple months later they gave me a toy limit. Very generally speaking they look for solid credit reports, with not too many new accts. sorry for the vagueness but recent reports seem to indicate they've eased up a bit. I think being an existing member helps a bit as well.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.