cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card????

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card????

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
You going for it Ron?? You've been on an approval tear as of late!!!

I'm not going for it. I already have Penfed Cash Rewards for 5% Cash Back. That's all I need.  I might be going for Penfed Amex next year. 

LS, Do you want to apply for this card?

Ron.

Nah. I like my PSECU card. Plus im on a no HP diet. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 49
Ron1
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Is PenFed PC friendly?

I think you can change. You can call them.

Ron.

Message 12 of 49
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
You going for it Ron?? You've been on an approval tear as of late!!!

I'm not going for it. I already have Penfed Cash Rewards for 5% Cash Back. That's all I need.  I might be going for Penfed Amex next year. 

LS, Do you want to apply for this card?

Ron.

Nah. I like my PSECU card. Plus im on a no HP diet. Smiley Happy

I like CP Federal Platinum Rewards Visa. I might take a break for a while. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 13 of 49
hilltro
Valued Member

Today in the mail i recieved a letter from Penfed.

it reads..

Congratulations! We are inviting you to upgrade to the new PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signiture cards. Same 5/3/1 rewards.

Summary.. Same Account number, same APR same Points from previous card.

Amex Platinum | Amex Zync | Penfed Plat Rewards | Discover IT | Bank Of America Cash Rewards

Message 14 of 49
creditstarved
Valued Member

Interesting...I just got this card two months ago. I wouldn't mind the upgrade to Signature.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 15 of 49
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I called and the CSR says you have to get the invite to upgrade in the mail as they were mailed out just this past Tuesday..If u don't get the invite you would need to apply..and ask that your credit limit gets transfered to your new account and than close out your other account..Thanks but no thanks..Im on a hard pull diet
Message 16 of 49
rabell12
Established Member

I received a letter from them yesterday that said, "To upgrade your card simply look out for a new card in the mail in the coming weeks and activate it as soon as you receive it.  If you do not want to be upgraded to the PenFed Platinum Rewards Signature Visa card, please send written notification by May 10 to ...........".

Message 17 of 49
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Is PenFed PC friendly?

My understanding is that a PC with Penfed is actually treated as a new account, where they close the old card and re-open a new one which reports as a new account on your credit (like Walmart does when they upgrade you to discover).  I think if PenFed upgrades an existing card (like they are apparently offering to some), it is treated as the same account, and and continues to report as normal on your reports. I am sure someone will chime in soon on this issue.

I would like to PC to this card (From the Travel Rewards AMEX) but know it will be a new account, as switching from a AMEX to a Visa would require a totally different account number.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 18 of 49
creditstarved
Valued Member

Curious -- To anyone who has recieved an invite letter by mail, was your original card an EMV? The one with the chip embedded within it intended for use in foreign countries who have adopted this additional security.

I checked my mail this afternoon (for Fri/Sat) and haven't recieved anything, yet.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 19 of 49
hilltro
Valued Member

I actually have a non emv. Last week I upgraded to EMV card. Then yesterday I received this in the mail, but it wasn't for my EMV card. I hope it's in the mail like they said.
Amex Platinum | Amex Zync | Penfed Plat Rewards | Discover IT | Bank Of America Cash Rewards

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.