cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed ..Platinum rewards visa signature ..offer ..help .

tag
blessed-man1980
Contributor

Penfed ..Platinum rewards visa signature ..offer ..help .

Hi Guys 

I got an Exclusive offer from Penfed to apply for The Platinum reward visa card . I need to spend 1500 to get 100$ . 0% APR for balance transfer for 12 months .  I have been with Pen for about 3 months . I didn't apply for any card with them scnce I had many open accounts at the time . My Experian score went from 696 to 735 in july 8 cause a major nagtive fell off . I still have this  judgment is showing in my TU and EQ reports but it should be clear by the end of Aug . I want to have a Pen CC badly but I'm not sure if I should apply now or wait . 

Here are the factor about my Ex score from my First National bank page 

Your Key Score Factors were:

1. Length of time accounts have been established:

FICO® Scores consider the age of a person's oldest account and/or the average age of accounts. Your score was impacted by the relatively low age of your oldest account and/or the average age of your accounts.

Keep in mind:
    People who do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders.

2. Too many inquiries last 12 months:

FICO® Scores look at the number of times a person applies for credit, since people who are actively seeking credit tend to pose more of a risk to lenders than those who are not. Your FICO® Score was impacted due to the number of applications for credit, or credit inquiries, within the last 12 months.

My guts is telling me to wait eventhough I want the card badly . What I really want at this point is a LOC with them . I think I have about 14 inq in my Ex and 4 in my Eq , 12 in my TU .One nagative tha due to be clear end of Aug and its already fell off my Ex report  ( to my surprise early ) 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed ..Platinum rewards visa signature ..offer ..help .

@blessed-man1980 wrote:

Hi Guys 

I got an Exclusive offer from Penfed to apply for The Platinum reward visa card . I need to spend 1500 to get 100$ . 0% APR for balance transfer for 12 months .  I have been with Pen for about 3 months . I didn't apply for any card with them scnce I had many open accounts at the time . My Experian score went from 696 to 735 in july 8 cause a major nagtive fell off . I still have this  judgment is showing in my TU and EQ reports but it should be clear by the end of Aug . I want to have a Pen CC badly but I'm not sure if I should apply now or wait . 

Here are the factor about my Ex score from my First National bank page 

Your Key Score Factors were:

1. Length of time accounts have been established:

FICO® Scores consider the age of a person's oldest account and/or the average age of accounts. Your score was impacted by the relatively low age of your oldest account and/or the average age of your accounts.

Keep in mind:
    People who do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders.

2. Too many inquiries last 12 months:

FICO® Scores look at the number of times a person applies for credit, since people who are actively seeking credit tend to pose more of a risk to lenders than those who are not. Your FICO® Score was impacted due to the number of applications for credit, or credit inquiries, within the last 12 months.

My guts is telling me to wait eventhough I want the card badly . What I really want at this point is a LOC with them . I think I have about 14 inq in my Ex and 4 in my Eq , 12 in my TU .One nagative tha due to be clear end of Aug and its already fell off my Ex report  ( to my surprise early ) 

Your EX score isn't important.  They use the Equifax NextGen score.  It should show you what your score is on the home page.  Check that out but you're probably good to apply

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.