Valued Contributor

Penfed...Possible to Recon?

hello folks,

since i had a freebee to apply for another product with penfed from the same pull for opening an account, I went ahead but was denied...reason: too many delinquent account or lates...the only thing i have on all of my reports that are delinquent are my student loans that i consolidated back in april...was wondering if anyone here have had success with recon with penfed and if a backdoor number might be available...

also...eventhough I apped for the cc (promise card) within 30 days of opening my account, penfed pulled another EQ report for the CC! i'll have to contact them again for that as well...from my understanding, and even from a csr i spoke with, it should only be one pull for accounts as long as it's within 30 days...i'm only on my 3rd week actually and they pulled another EQ CR.

appreciate the advice.... :smileyhappy:

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed...Possible to Recon?

I think you will need much higher scores for PenFed.  Recon will cost you another HP and is unlikely to get anywhere.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Contributor

sorry...my scores are in the 680-690 across the board...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor

How many inquiries and any derogs?

PenFed is very conservative 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor

I would shoot for closer to 750, but some people are declined even then.  Check these forums for more info about this CU.  Here is one related thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PenFed-Credit-Union-APP-results-and-FICO-SURVEY/m-p/476...

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Contributor

ok...thanks everyone! i'll just have to get my scores higher...heh... :smileyhappy:

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

djc1puno wrote:

ok...thanks everyone! i'll just have to get my scores higher...heh... :smileyhappy:

Find out why the extra hard pull and since you will have them on the phone see if there is a recon dept....but make sure no more pulls 

Good luck

+ Chase ink =

Valued Contributor

myjourney wrote:

djc1puno wrote:

Find out why the extra hard pull and since you will have them on the phone see if there is a recon dept....but make sure no more pulls 

Good luck

I'll be contacting them first thing on monday, myjourney! i've only asked for recon once back in feb and it was a denial, but I've got nothing to loose :smileywink: dampens my spirit a bit to be denied but gotta keep my head up :smileyhappy: thanks!

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---

Don't let it get you down. PenFed can be extremely conservative. Your time will come.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.