Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Promise

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed Promise

@baller4life wrote:
Pyramiding debt" is the reason they often give for denial. Opening a lot of new accounts to them you have the potential to run up a lot of debt. And they hate that!! So you ALWAYS garden 6 months to a year before joining. Dirty EQ means you have baddies. You want to join as clean as possible. Promise is not hard to get as long as your EQ is solid. Lots of people have this card.

If this is true to form then I'm already screwed.  I opened Citi DC in Feb on a pre-approval.  I have so many new accounts last 12 months I probably ought to kiss this idea good-bye and focus on the other two targets.  AMEX SPG/ED and Chase AARP.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 51 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might need to look into this card, I'm thinking of financing part of my 993 c4 with them, might as well get this card while in at itSmiley Happy
Message 52 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Pyramiding debt" is the reason they often give for denial. Opening a lot of new accounts to them you have the potential to run up a lot of debt. And they hate that!! So you ALWAYS garden 6 months to a year before joining. Dirty EQ means you have baddies. You want to join as clean as possible. Promise is not hard to get as long as your EQ is solid. Lots of people have this card.

If this is true to form then I'm already screwed.  I opened Citi DC in Feb on a pre-approval.  I have so many new accounts last 12 months I probably ought to kiss this idea good-bye and focus on the other two targets.  AMEX SPG/ED and Chase AARP.

I don't know it it's always the case.  I got approved with LOTS of new accounts and was insta approved.

Message 53 of 127
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barry, if you wait till summer or fall I'm sure you'll be fine. Irish and some of the others can attest to how far back they look. 6 or 12 months.
Message 54 of 127
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok thx Irish!
Message 55 of 127
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I might need to look into this card, I'm thinking of financing part of my 993 c4 with them, might as well get this card while in at itSmiley Happy

Definitely and LOC too! Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 127
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I don't know it it's always the case.  I got approved with LOTS of new accounts and was insta approved.

Agree ... same here

Message 57 of 127
baller4life
Super Contributor

Great feedback guy thx. So now I'm wondering exactly how many "new" accounts do they consider too many.
Message 58 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's LOC?
Message 59 of 127
baller4life
Super Contributor

LOC is a Line of Credit. You can get up to $25k to use at your discretion. Pretty sweet!
Message 60 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.