Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Shares and Credit Card

tag
dsw283
New Contributor

Penfed Shares and Credit Card

I just opened a Penfed Shares account to build a membership with them as it will open up my possibilities with them.  Do they do a HP to join the Penfed shares account?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NotUsher
Contributor

Re: Penfed Shares and Credit Card

As with many CUs, Penfed does a HP for membership. Usually that HP will be used for any products that require a credit pull during a short period after joining (60 days? 90? I can't remember Penfed's policy)

Message 2 of 6
dsw283
New Contributor

So then since I already have a HP I should app for the CC?

*** to add to this in no way shape or form do I plan on being accepted I just didn't want to waste a HP =)

Message 3 of 6
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Yeah the Penfed hard inquiry is good for 90 days;  Penfed generally would pull hard for all their products outside of that 90 days, so if your looking to get a specific product from them I would apply well within the 90 days to avoid another hard pull.  For the credit cards they will usually propose a credit limit based on your credit worthyness and then either instant approve it or send it to underwriting to be manually reviewed and approved/declined.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@dsw283 wrote:

Might as well IMO.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@takeshi74 wrote:

@dsw283 wrote:

Might as well IMO.

+1

Only way to know for sure is when you apply OP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.