cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed card came today!

Established Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!


Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!

That is likely the reason. I hadn't thought of that.


Established Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!

I got mine for the cash back on gasoline too! Plus, it is no hastle. PenFed deducts the cash off of your statement before it is mailed. For rewards like airlines, etc. there are other cards that accumulate points faster.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico)XP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 05/01/17 EQ 824, TU 812 EXP 810 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!


chnceit wrote:

Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. Smiley Happy You should be getting yours at any day.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!


Ron1 wrote:

chnceit wrote:

Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. Smiley Happy You should be getting yours at any day.

 

 

Ron.


I swear if I dont get mines by the end of this week I am calling and having them send me one expedited and I dont want to pay for it


Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Valued Member

Re: Penfed card came today!

My card arrived today! Approved on 1/29, arrived on 2/6.

 

It's a Cash Rewards Platinum with EMV chip

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge