Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed card came today!

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed card came today!

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 

Message 11 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 

I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 17
Exonumist
Established Contributor

That is likely the reason. I hadn't thought of that.

Message 13 of 17
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I got mine for the cash back on gasoline too! Plus, it is no hastle. PenFed deducts the cash off of your statement before it is mailed. For rewards like airlines, etc. there are other cards that accumulate points faster.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 14 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@Default4 wrote:

I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. Smiley Happy You should be getting yours at any day.

Ron.

Message 15 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Default4 wrote:

My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. Smiley Happy You should be getting yours at any day.

Ron.

I swear if I dont get mines by the end of this week I am calling and having them send me one expedited and I dont want to pay for it

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 17
Jkusa
Valued Member

My card arrived today! Approved on 1/29, arrived on 2/6.

It's a Cash Rewards Platinum with EMV chip

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.