Reply
Established Contributor
Exonumist
Posts: 592
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: Penfed card came today!

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Penfed card came today!


Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
Exonumist
Posts: 592
Registered: ‎07-03-2012
0

Re: Penfed card came today!

That is likely the reason. I hadn't thought of that.


Established Contributor
bettercreditguy1
Posts: 758
Registered: ‎02-11-2012
0

Re: Penfed card came today!

I got mine for the cash back on gasoline too! Plus, it is no hastle. PenFed deducts the cash off of your statement before it is mailed. For rewards like airlines, etc. there are other cards that accumulate points faster.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 06/01/2014 EQ 797(Fico) TU 768(Fico) EXP 769 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 5/27/14 Penfed)


Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,089
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Penfed card came today!


chnceit wrote:

Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. :smileyhappy: You should be getting yours at any day.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Penfed card came today!


Ron1 wrote:

chnceit wrote:

Default4 wrote:

I did not ask for EMV as I have no plans to go out of the country any time soon. By the time I do everything here will likely have chips anyways. As far as the cash rewards over points, somebody else already said it. This card is just a gas card for me and everything being automatic is just easier. I go through ALOT of gas. So it's going to save me quite a bit of money. 


I think this is why you got your card quicker because you didnt get the EMV chip. But congrats on the approval

 


My second EMV chip came in about a week. The first one took almost three weeks. I already used mine. It is a nice looking card. The EMV chip looks my Diners Club MC. :smileyhappy: You should be getting yours at any day.

 

 

Ron.


I swear if I dont get mines by the end of this week I am calling and having them send me one expedited and I dont want to pay for it


$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Member
Jkusa
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎10-15-2012
0

Re: Penfed card came today!

My card arrived today! Approved on 1/29, arrived on 2/6.

 

It's a Cash Rewards Platinum with EMV chip

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}