Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed cc application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed cc application

I applied for penfed membership and platinum reward cc this morning; called them right after I have the member number.

The csr told me they need a letter from social security administration to verify my SSN (They asked for my full SSN, is that normal?). For the CC application, she told me that they will approve it if I can get a guarantor to cosign.

My info:

oldest credit account ~3 years, which is my student loan account. 4 other credit cards, 1x citi, 2x chase, 1x discover.

Currently an undergraduate and employed in a research lab.

I was planning to get a car after I got in a doctoral program and found penfed to be offering a very good interest rate on car loan. To optimize my chance getting the loan, I thought I might apply for their membership along with CC (since they're hard pulling for just a saving account anyways) a year beforehand.

Question: Anyone knows the easiest way to get social security administration office send a letter to them? Can I have my mother apply for a penfed account using I as a reference since I'm technically already a penfed member? They have two separate guarantor statement forms for penfed member / non-penfed member, the non-penfed member one needs notarization.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed cc application

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for penfed membership and platinum reward cc this morning; called them right after I have the member number.

The csr told me they need a letter from social security administration to verify my SSN (They asked for my full SSN, is that normal?). For the CC application, she told me that they will approve it if I can get a guarantor to cosign.

My info:

oldest credit account ~3 years, which is my student loan account. 4 other credit cards, 1x citi, 2x chase, 1x discover.

Currently an undergraduate and employed in a research lab.

I was planning to get a car after I got in a doctoral program and found penfed to be offering a very good interest rate on car loan. To optimize my chance getting the loan, I thought I might apply for their membership along with CC (since they're hard pulling for just a saving account anyways) a year beforehand.

Question: Anyone knows the easiest way to get social security administration office send a letter to them? Can I have my mother apply for a penfed account using I as a reference since I'm technically already a penfed member? They have two separate guarantor statement forms for penfed member / non-penfed member, the non-penfed member one needs notarization.

Welcome to the forums!!

I do believe anything dealing with your SSN your going to have to go into on of their offices to get documents for it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.