Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed closed both my credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed closed both my credit cards

I'm off from work tomorrow so i'll give them a call tomorrow, see what the status is.

As of right now, haven't heard anything from Penfed and my credit accounts are still showing closed.

Message 61 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, called today. Long story short, they told me they're not reopening the credit card accounts. The csr was not very helpful and told me if I wanted them to reconsider to request in writing. I'll probably call again later today and try to escalate.
Message 62 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, that is harsh. Did they give any reasons?

Message 63 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscany this sounds unbelievable. I would absolutely call immediately and DEMAND a supervisor in lending. Enough is enough. The CSR at PENFED are often complete poo. They are clueless and have provided me wrong info more times than I can count. The supervisors however, are on point and have fixed my issues 9/10 times.

You can submit an email to them too and ask for immediate reconsideration and escalation to CEO. But I would call first and demand a manager in lending or loan officer. To not even give you a reason is absurd and I wouldn't stand for it
Message 64 of 76
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

that is a shame, what a letdown.  what about your gf's card(s) didnt they take some sort of action against her?  you have the same address?

Message 65 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, after more then a week, I logged into my penfed account today and both credit card accounts reappeared. 

I had faxed and emailed a letter strongly stating how unfair and unprofessional their actions were and it seems to have worked. Still, nobody has contacted me about the situation explaining anything though.

I have closed out several store cards that i dont use, will close my merrick bank card next($48 AF) and probably lay low for a while and let everything age. I'll use these two cards tentatively, hopefully they stay open this time.

As for my GF, she's still waiting for an answer and will be calling them today. She's called twice and has been told nobody was available to look at the documents she sent in.

Message 66 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, after more then a week, I logged into my penfed account today and both credit card accounts reappeared. 

I had faxed and emailed a letter strongly stating how unfair and unprofessional their actions were and it seems to have worked. Still, nobody has contacted me about the situation explaining anything though.

I have closed out several store cards that i dont use, will close my merrick bank card next($48 AF) and probably lay low for a while and let everything age. I'll use these two cards tentatively, hopefully they stay open this time.

As for my GF, she's still waiting for an answer and will be calling them today. She's called twice and has been told nobody was available to look at the documents she sent in.

Good news for you. Best of luck for your GF...

Message 67 of 76
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Outstanding, pretty cool news to wake up to…totally different story happened with me re penfed that ended well…apped for a visa and they asked for returns.  I did not realize their sensitivity to self-employed individuals as I do now.  Anyway I sent an email and told them I will not furnish a return for a piece of plastic that it’s not that important to me, I have other cards, etc. and mimicked that response in a survey they sent me and a few days later a senior lending manager called me and said she wanted to straighten the matter out.  Very professional, nice and helpful.  She said she looked at my other accounts which don’t have much age and came up with an sl she thought was fair but that she was open to discussing the matter.   I just took the offer and closed the deal.  A few days later I noticed they pinged my EQ twice – I emailed her asked if the 2nd hit could be removed and she said no problem.  I hold them in the highest regard from a customer service standpoint.  I wish your GF GL

Message 68 of 76
baller4life
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Outstanding, pretty cool news to wake up…totally different story happened with me re penfed that ended well…apped for a visa and they asked for returns.  I did not realize their sensitivity to self-employed individuals as I do now.  Anyway I sent an email and told them I will not furnish a return for a piece of plastic that it’s not that important to me, I have other cards, etc. and mimicked that response in a survey they sent me and a few days later a senior lending manager called me and said she wanted to straighten the matter out.  Very professional, nice and helpful.  She said she looked at my other accounts which don’t have much age and came up with an sl she thought was fair but that she was open to discussing the matter.   I just took the offer and closed the deal.  A few days later I noticed they pinged my EQ twice – I emailed her asked if the 2nd hit could be removed and she said no problem.  I hold them in the highest regard from a customer service standpoint.  I wish your GF GL

Awesome!!! Penfed is the most recon friendly lender I have seen. Very flexible and easy to work with.

Glad it all worked out OP. Good luck to gf.

Message 69 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscany, did they ever tell you WHY the cards were closed in the first place?  Im not you, but id be on the phone DAILY until I got answers -- as you do not want this to occur again out of the blue when you go to use your card at dinner, or at a gas station, or when you really need it.  You really deserve answers as to why this happened, even after you sent them docs ... very odd and sketchy.

let us know when you talk to a manager -- and confirm that the accounts are indeed OPEN again - it is very unlike Penfed to do AA from what i have seen here and many say, so something had to happen.  

Keep us posted !  Good luck 

Message 70 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.