Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed closed both my credit cards

tag
melillobm
Established Member

Re: Penfed closed both my credit cards

Hello everyone. I've been silent on this forum for a while, but this reading this post made me inclined to respond. 

I can't believe what Penfed did to you, TuscanyUT09. I opened a checking account with them to establish a relationship a while back, but this story makes me never want to deal with them. Thanks for sharing this becuase it really was enlightening. 

Message 71 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

melli, please know that Penfed NEVER DOES THIS -- this is literally the only thread on here for years that i'm aware of any Adverse Action from PENFED...OP has yet to tell us what is reall going on, seems Penfed has not told him why it was closed and he hasnt called in to request a Manager or Senior LO.  Do not let this one experience deter you - PEnfed is good!!!!  Trust us all !

OP needs to report back and tell us the whole story so we dont have unneeded panic spread.  

Message 72 of 76
baller4life
Super Contributor

First AA I have ever seen from Penfed mellilobm. Definitely don't allow this thread to discourage you from taking full advantage of all the great things they have to offer. One of the best CUs out there.

OP please update thread as soon as you find out the reason for closures.

Message 73 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
First AA I have ever seen from Penfed mellilobm. Definitely don't allow this thread to discourage you from taking full advantage of all the great things they have to offer. One of the beat CUs out there.

OP please update thread as soon as you find out the reason for closures.

+100

Message 74 of 76
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi @ melillobm, agree completely with baller and joey, Penfed seems to be amazing to work with. Even when you dont get what you may want at the time, they make you feel like gold and are very receptive. In my case as im very new to them, even though they cant give me a cli at this time , due to newness of account and my profile having some issues( sure to be worked on Smiley Happy lol!), they a) gave me a chance with a personal loan and a cc, all with still having a bk7 on my Eq, , and b) let me know with some time and good payment history i should be right as rain when its time for a better cl,etc.
If you noticed on this thread and on others about Penfed, if you let them no your concerns either by way of email or survey they are very quick to contact you to see what can be done. 1st class service in my book.

@ OP, Im glad you got back your cards hope all works out well for you and your girlfriendSmiley Happy
Message 75 of 76
melillobm
Established Member

Oh wow. Thanks everyone. I'm glad this is a rare thing. I'm glad to see they have the cards back and working for the OP.  Maybe when I'm ready to apply for something (probably their low rate auto loan) in the future I will choose them.

they must be great for multiple people to rush to their defense. 

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.