Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed defined their Pyramiding debt response

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed defined their Pyramiding debt response

Smallfry, what were your FICOs when you got in?
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the second time I have got the pyramiding debt response after accepting their preapproval online. This time I had my EX and TU reports froze so they couldn't pull a second bureau. I wonder if the preapproval will show back up online again like before.

My first preapproval was for $8600.00. When I accepted they pulled TU (had already pulled EQ for a car loan which they approved) then they denied the preapproved card for pyramiding. The 2nd preapproval was for $14,200.00 which they denied again for pyramiding when I accepted it. My EQ fico this time was 798.

Message Edited by hobojon on 07-21-2009 06:49 PM
Message 12 of 17
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is the second time I have got the pyramiding debt response after accepting their preapproval online. This time I had my EX and TU reports froze so they couldn't pull a second bureau. I wonder if the preapproval will show back up online again like before.

My first preapproval was for $8600.00. When I accepted they pulled TU (had already pulled EQ for a car loan which they approved) then they denied the preapproved card for pyramiding. The 2nd preapproval was for $14,200.00 which they denied again for pyramiding when I accepted it. My EQ fico this time was 798.

Message Edited by hobojon on 07-21-2009 06:49 PM

Wow, those folks are nuts! 798 and denied. Unbelievable. I use my Chase Perfectcard for 3% gas cashback (this qtr Discover 5%).  May not be as much as penfed but atleast they don't ding me for open credit.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 13 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:
Smallfry, what were your FICOs when you got in?

May 2007 my EQ was 698. It was the 2nd card I got during an app frenzy. Reported utilization was 16%. AAofA was 5 years oldest account was 11 years. 3rd inquiry within a year at the time. Approved for 5K bumped to 15K within a week. 7 year old BK7 at the time and a 5 year old paid tax lien still showing at the time. So they have tightened up. I did have to provide 2 weeks pay stubs as well. Decent income probably saved my hide.

Message Edited by smallfry on 07-22-2009 05:30 AM
Message 14 of 17
dannydannyFICO
Established Member

oh wow. first time i've ever seen a company ding someone for having too much credit available.

Message 15 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

That's a very old thread, still in credit crunch times.   But I'm surprised more lenders don't do the same.  If you have so much open credit, a) there is a risk that you might suddenly use it all beyond your means to repay, and b) why do you need more, specifically mine!

Message 16 of 17
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I'm glad I got my penfed cards early.  They did a soft pull increase for me once.  I used that pull to split my limit between two 5% cards.  I love my Penfed cards and highly recommend them.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.