Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Penfed denial

brooklyngal wrote:
What was the denial reason? If it was "pyramiding debt", they will NOT recon--regardless of your score. I was denied for this reason and I was told that my new accounts have to be at least 6 months old in order to try again.

Is that a polite way of saying too many new accounts?
Here we go again...
Contributor
brooklyngal

Guess so!

*rofl*

FretlessMayhem wrote:

brooklyngal wrote:
What was the denial reason? If it was "pyramiding debt", they will NOT recon--regardless of your score. I was denied for this reason and I was told that my new accounts have to be at least 6 months old in order to try again.

I'm in the 700 club now! :smileyhappy:
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

brooklyngal wrote:
Guess so!

*rofl*

FretlessMayhem wrote:

brooklyngal wrote:

Penfed doesn't understand the difference between credit and debt?

Having a lot of new credit is not even close to the same thing as "pyramiding debt."

This amazes me.  I always thought "pyramiding debt" referred to the practice of opening new accounts while not paying off existing debt at the same time.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
smallfry

It's a catch all denial. Once they see you can handle your new lines they will approve you all things being equal.
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

It does and they fully understand. They are just very sensitive about new accounts.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+