Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed denial

Do I recon? How is the best way to recon?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed denial

You can fax them a letter. What reasons did they give you for the denial?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your chances at recon depend on how well you can explain the reasons for denial.  What were the reasons?  Could you explain them to a credit analyst?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You fax them a letter with "Attention Loan Desk" on top.

I added the application number as well below that. And as the others said address their concerns in your letter.

Once that is complete they will open a new application with new number. Check this periodically because they may add that they need something from you in the details.

In my case they requested income verification which I also faxed. My app didn't end well but didn't hurt to ask.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the fax number?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-800-557-7328 you asked so I provided but I'm a paranoid git and wouldn't fax financial data to some number posted in an online forum.

Quick phone call to Penfed to verify what I say is true is in order I think lol.
Message 6 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

They have 24hr customer service. Just make a call - they are very nice!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just faxed my recon letter in today they said call tommarrow everyone cross your fingers!!!!!!
Message 8 of 15
brooklyngal
Contributor

What was the denial reason?  If it was "pyramiding debt", they will NOT recon--regardless of your score.  I was denied for this reason and I was told that my new accounts have to be at least 6 months old in order to try again.
I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodluck!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.