cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed...ever heard of pending charges....?!

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Penfed...ever heard of pending charges....?!

So I got my Penfed credit card, used it today, and then logged in through my phone and I did not see any pending charges and my avail credit did not decrease.

Did not see anything pending on their website either.

Long story short, after calling them, members cannot see "pending" charges...only the customer service reps.  

So, unless you are keeping exact track of your spending, you have to call in to get your avail credit.  

They need to catch up to technology

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed...ever heard of pending charges....?!

Same thing for my local CU and its the largest one in the state. A lot of them are this way a CU is not out to make money for shareholders by keeping up with the Jonses, as the shareholders are the ones who put their money in the CU.

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

So I got my Penfed credit card, used it today, and then logged in through my phone and I did not see any pending charges and my avail credit did not decrease.

Long story short, after calling them, members cannot see "pending" charges...only the customer service reps.  

So, unless you are keeping exact track of your spending, you have to call in to get your avail credit.  

Yes, my biggest complaint about Penfed and US Bank was this, no pending charges.  Now US Bank does show them, it just fails to show the amount of the charge!

Message 3 of 5
gmason
Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Yes, my biggest complaint about Penfed and US Bank was this, no pending charges.  Now US Bank does show them, it just fails to show the amount of the charge!

Ahhh ... but since USBank updated their site, the pending charges are now showing in Mint with amounts. Very handy and a good change.

Message 4 of 5
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I hope Penfed fixes this or adds this soon.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.