Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - is that a LUV button???

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Penfed - is that a LUV button???

There's a link on the Penfed "your accounts" page for the Visa card that says "Change your credit limit."  Is it a LUV button???  I'm afraid to touch it.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed - is that a LUV button???

That would be the "request a CLI" luv button. 

Message 2 of 40
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be the "request a CLI" luv button. 

Have you ever touched it?  I'm scared.  
Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck no!   Smiley Happy  I've only been a member and CC for about 3 months and right now they have me in the "newbie" zone.  From my understanding they want a minimum of 6 months before the newbie cooties start to fall off.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 40
pattycake
Established Contributor

Can you adopt me?  I want to join NFCU.  Actually, my bro in law is retired AF and works for DoD.  He and my sister still have PX privileges in Tucson, so I could probably have her sponsor my membership.  
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

He needs to join, then her, then you.  It takes just minutes and just $5 into a savings account.  Ask them for "the favor" as it is pretty simple.....and they may find out they really like/need NFCU too!

I had to have my father-in-law join, then my wife so that I could.

Message 6 of 40
score_building
Senior Contributor

pattycake- are you going for the cli at activation with pen fed?  you didn't receive your new card yet, right?

tx- your scores are pretty amazing considering your recent round of apps and no longer having a high achiever's AAoA.  how do you do what you do!?, lol

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that once you get to a certain level that the "negtives" are limited (unless I report some heavy balances).  I have no derogs to factor into my score....so when negatives are factored, it only factors in that my "newest account" is 1 month old.  It does not factor in that my newest 6 accounts are 4 months or less.  Balances ding me if I let them report.

Also, EQ and TU seem to lose inquiries too...so I'm not "looking for credit" any more.

Now EX is a different story.  Got 4 recent inquiries and 9 in 24 months.  And my oldest account is only 13 years as opposed to 21 on EQ/TU and my AAoA will be only 2 years.  PSECU will give me an EX FICO next week, so I am curious to see the damage on EX Smiley Wink

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-28-2009 12:47 PM
Message 8 of 40
pattycake
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

pattycake- are you going for the cli at activation with pen fed?  you didn't receive your new card yet, right?

tx- your scores are pretty amazing considering your recent round of apps and no longer having a high achiever's AAoA.  how do you do what you do!?, lol

I have not received the card.  I was just wondering what would happen if I touched it, like maybe I'd get the cooties if I wasn't supposed to. 
Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a new member?  If so, you all ready have cooties.  If not and you have been with them for at least 6 months, then your cooties are starting to fall off Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.