Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - is that a LUV button???

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed - is that a LUV button???

It took just under two weeks.  I joined on the 19th of July, got a form I had to sign and send back and then got the card on the 23rd.  I got a call from a LO on the 23rd also asking when, or if, I had started to go car shopping.  When did you join?
Message 21 of 40
pattycake
Established Contributor

Last Friday.  Sent the form back today. 

It is indeed just another application button.  I wonder if I'll get a call asking if I want to buy a new car.  Yes, but I don't want to spend the money.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 22 of 40
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I'd like the new car but only if it can be provided without any payments....  Anyone know how I can make that happen??
Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure can....the 1 easy payment plan.  LOL.  Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 40
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Good point but that would require ME to make that one big payment!
Message 25 of 40
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Think I'll get me a sugar daddy to do that!!!
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The absence of other payments an interest...the reason why people who pay cash, pay cash.  Smiley Wink 

Message 27 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Think I'll get me a sugar daddy to do that!!!

I knew you're a smart girl. Best of luck in that endeavor.

Message 28 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

Last Friday.  Sent the form back today. 

It is indeed just another application button.  I wonder if I'll get a call asking if I want to buy a new car.  Yes, but I don't want to spend the money.   

Did you think that link was hooked to a trap door under your seat? The PenFed website tends to give you oodles of warning before you get into something irreversible. That link is completely worthless.

Message 29 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:
It took just under two weeks.  I joined on the 19th of July, got a form I had to sign and send back and then got the card on the 23rd.  I got a call from a LO on the 23rd also asking when, or if, I had started to go car shopping.  When did you join?

Yes. It took about two weeks (-) for the plastic to arrive for my second Visa. The first one may have taken just a bit longer. Getting the card is not tied to sending back the form. I didn't send back the form this time until after I had my plastic in hand.

I wonder why you got a call on that car loan offer. Did you accept it? The SO had an instant offer at app time and has had a standing offer ever since for a car loan, but she hasn't accepted it and no one has called.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-28-2009 09:55 PM
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.