Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed or Navy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed or Navy

later this year I'm going to come out of the garden. Penfed or Navy to start building a relationship to and have more options to buy a house later on. I know I can get into navy, don't know about penfed but it has its perks too. When it's time should I try for both. I don't more credit cards at the moment, this is more about building relationships, also invest,net products I'm really interested in too. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed or Navy

Navy Fed for rebuilding definitely!! Add Pended once EQ is clean for optimum results.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Navy Fed for rebuilding definitely!! Add Pended once EQ is clean for optimum results.

+1.  Good suggestion.

Message 3 of 19
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

later this year I'm going to come out of the garden. Penfed or Navy to start building a relationship to and have more options to buy a house later on. I know I can get into navy, don't know about penfed but it has its perks too. When it's time should I try for both. I don't more credit cards at the moment, this is more about building relationships, also invest,net products I'm really interested in too. 

I have old 6 year + two CO paid have have a lot of credit with them

Message 4 of 19
hot4u
Established Contributor

NFCU hands down..Smiley Wink

PenFed later if your scores are good.

Best to have both, Instead of having all your eggs in one basket...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think you are doing yourself a diservice by not joining and getting credit card and loc with navy NOW!

With your scores and reports you will be granted $25k credit card and $15k loc instantly without a blink I bet.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy is awesome!!! They have so much to offer and you can start taking advantage as soon as your membership is approved! They are great.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think you are doing yourself a diservice by not joining and getting credit card and loc with navy NOW!

With your scores and reports you will be granted $25k credit card and $15k loc instantly without a blink I bet.

I have gotten a lot of credit in a short amount of time. I'm already slightly worried ive been taking things pretty fast. Don't want to make chase angry. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have gotten a lot of credit in a short amount of time. I'm already slightly worried ive been taking things pretty fast. Don't want to make chase angry. 

I don't think you would have a problem with Chase.  After my first Chase card I added NFCU card and the LOC, PenFed and NASA cards along with several other cards without problem. As long as you keep utilization down, you'll be fine.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let them Chase you after you switch to NFCU!!!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.