Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed signature documents

tag
victornewman
Contributor

Penfed signature documents

I was approved for membership and the Promise credit card with Penfed a couple weeks ago.  I have received emails stating that my membership and credit card were approved and both are showing up online.  The credit card shows as inactive.  I assumed that the credit card was on its way but instead I received 2 separate letters in the mail.  Both just wanted signatures. The one for membership said that my account will not be active until they receive the signed form and the one for the credit card wanted a signature to authorize a security interest in my member share account.

I've already mailed both forms back (yesterday) but I am assuming that they are not sending my card until they receive this form.  Is this normal?  I'm new to Penfed so I'm not familiar with their policies.  I guess I'm just confused on the credit card because today I received an email congratulating me again on my credit card approval and telling me to call them if I haven't received my card yet.  Btw, my credit card approval never went to transferred like I've seen on other posts.  

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed signature documents

@victornewman wrote:

I was approved for membership and the Promise credit card with Penfed a couple weeks ago.  I have received emails stating that my membership and credit card were approved and both are showing up online.  The credit card shows as inactive.  I assumed that the credit card was on its way but instead I received 2 separate letters in the mail.  Both just wanted signatures. The one for membership said that my account will not be active until they receive the signed form and the one for the credit card wanted a signature to authorize a security interest in my member share account.

I've already mailed both forms back (yesterday) but I am assuming that they are not sending my card until they receive this form.  Is this normal?  I'm new to Penfed so I'm not familiar with their policies.  I guess I'm just confused on the credit card because today I received an email congratulating me again on my credit card approval and telling me to call them if I haven't received my card yet.  Btw, my credit card approval never went to transferred like I've seen on other posts.  

Normally you would sign those documents online at the time of approval but something must have prevented that from happening.  As long as you sent the documents you'll be fine but I would give them a call tomorrow to verify the status.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed takes their time. I think it took 3-4 weeks get mine. I think your HP is good for 60 days, you should add another card or ploc. Might else well get most out of your initial HP.
Message 3 of 14
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Penfed takes their time. I think it took 3-4 weeks get mine. I think your HP is good for 60 days, you should add another card or ploc. Might else well get most out of your initial HP.

It took 3-4 weeks to get your cc? I'm waiting to get my cards...I was told I would have the cards in 7-10 days.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed is weird. I think they only allow you to transfer $50 into your checking account, for the first 6 months. It took me weeks to get $500 into my checking account.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It took 3-4 weeks to get your cc? I'm waiting to get my cards...I was told I would have the cards in 7-10 days.

I received mine in the 7-10 day time period

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think mine came on stage coach.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to sign paper docs when I was approved for my cards.

Message 8 of 14
victornewman
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to sign paper docs when I was approved for my cards.

Oh good, I'm not alone then.  Smiley Happy

How long did it take to receive your card once you mailed the signed forms?

Message 9 of 14
Chilli
Established Contributor

I had signed my docs on line. The CSR told me 7-10 days. I should have my cards sometime this week.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.