Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed strange app

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Penfed strange app

So yesterday I bit the bullet and applied for the platinum rewards card and was denied. The only reason listed was pyramiding debt. I later realized I accidently put my annual income into the monthly wages box lol. Which would have put my salary at over half a million. So I woke up this morning and realized what the hell, I already took a hard pull and its good for 60 days, why not app again with the correct info. I applied and  got referred to loan officer for a 7500$ CL. So I just check the application status link and to my amazement it said approved! Does this really mean I was approved? Penfed is so strange. Thanks sorry for spelling errors I'm on my smartphone.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed strange app

TTT

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, if it said transferred.

Ron.
Message 3 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

It doesn't. It just says approved. Should I be concerned?
Message 4 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

It now says transferred.  Can't believe I got it.  Thanks everyone

Message 5 of 8
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, these PenFed threads make me want to app but I need to wait a while longer. . .

If you don't mind may I ask what your profile looked like when you applied?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 6 of 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

It now says transferred.  Can't believe I got it.  Thanks everyone

Congrats! You definitely got approved. It will say "disbursed" next.

Message 7 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@7PM789 wrote:
Congratulations, these PenFed threads make me want to app but I need to wait a while longer. . .

If you don't mind may I ask what your profile looked like when you applied?

The denial letter from the previous day said 737 out of 950, so not a fico but take it how you will.  764 walmart TU FICO.  Oldest account 3 years, AAOA 1.5, highest CL at time of app 12.5K.  3 new accounts in the last 6 months and 7 inq in the last 2 years.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.