Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Penfed

Can anyone apply for Penfed? Are there special requirements?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed

@CarlosC88 wrote:

Need to toss a donation to an organization IIRC, but other than anyone can join.

        
Message 2 of 4
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@CarlosC88 wrote:

Depends what you mean!  Anyone can join the Penfed CU, but if you don't meet the listed requirements, you join by joining one of two other organizations, which costs about $20.  (In contrast, many CUs, such as NCFU, don't have a backdoor like this to join if you don't meet their requirements)

Once you are a member, or at the same time you apply, you can also apply for a credit card.  Generally they are regarded as a very conservative lender, looking for a longish history without (many) baddies.   So some people who get declined for a card feel "cheated" because they are also out $20....

Message 3 of 4
CS800
Super Contributor

Penfed is a very conservative lender. I was told by one of their credit analyst that they look for a close to clean report and FICO over 720. They checked EQ for me.

Overall, great CU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.