Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed

It was well worth it so far! Plus, it doesn't mean I won't double back and find myself scrolling through every. single. line. of the PenFed thread. Who knows? It could get me access to a fat CL or an amazing mortgage rate!

That was me being greedy hehehehe!

The knowledge definitely will help. I love knowing how people negotiate higher CLs and the strategy behind the CCs and LOCs. I always cheer for us underdogs and even wipe my brow when all the hoop jumping means a win!Smiley Very Happy It's what keeps me reding in the wee hours of the night!

Though I do wish MF had a good mobile app. Smiley Wink

Back to the PenFed thread....

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 21 of 30
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

More good news, PenFed related...

The August session of Ask Me Anything hosted by Yes-Its-Me has been rescheduled (See next paragraph), this months featured guest will be Harleygirl1987. It is my understanding HarleyGirl will be answering any questions you may have on PenFed apps and products so if you have questions about this CU please plan to be here. Have a great day

I apologize to all, due to a scheduling conflict the AMA has been rescheduled for this coming Friday the 5th at 7PM EDT

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 22 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

More good news, PenFed related...

The August session of Ask Me Anything hosted by Yes-Its-Me has been rescheduled (See next paragraph), this months featured guest will be Harleygirl1987. It is my understanding HarleyGirl will be answering any questions you may have on PenFed apps and products so if you have questions about this CU please plan to be here. Have a great day

I apologize to all, due to a scheduling conflict the AMA has been rescheduled for this coming Friday the 5th at 7PM EDT

Calling out ALL the Penfed peeps. This is an ex employee of Penfed. She knows all the ins and outs of our dear friend(sometimes foe) Penfed. Be there or be square!Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

It was well worth it so far! Plus, it doesn't mean I won't double back and find myself scrolling through every. single. line. of the PenFed thread. Who knows? It could get me access to a fat CL or an amazing mortgage rate!

That was me being greedy hehehehe!

The knowledge definitely will help. I love knowing how people negotiate higher CLs and the strategy behind the CCs and LOCs. I always cheer for us underdogs and even wipe my brow when all the hoop jumping means a win!Smiley Very Happy It's what keeps me reding in the wee hours of the night!

Though I do wish MF had a good mobile app. Smiley Wink

Back to the PenFed thread....

Heart Yes I agree I too wish MF had a nicer app for the phone to read the forums.   I was waiting for someone to say that... 

Message 24 of 30
dwayne4607
Valued Member

BellaLina,

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of credit limit did you get on your Platinum Card and Personal Line of Credit?  If you don't wish to share, can you tell me if the PLOC was equal to or greater than the card limit?  I recenlty got a PenFed Platinum Card and am thinking about applying for the Personal Line of Credit for potential upcoming home repairs that we know we will need next year (HVAC).  I don't know what kind of limit to request, but I'm still within 90 days of my original pull, so I thought I might want to take advantage of that.  

Thanks,

dwayne4607

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dwayne4607 wrote:

BellaLina,

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of credit limit did you get on your Platinum Card and Personal Line of Credit?  If you don't wish to share, can you tell me if the PLOC was equal to or greater than the card limit?  I recenlty got a PenFed Platinum Card and am thinking about applying for the Personal Line of Credit for potential upcoming home repairs that we know we will need next year (HVAC).  I don't know what kind of limit to request, but I'm still within 90 days of my original pull, so I thought I might want to take advantage of that.  

Thanks,

dwayne4607

7K on the Platinum Reward Card 

I applied for the PLOC and was instantly denied but I reconned and only I only requested 2K and was approved. 

Hope that helps

Keep me posted. 

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If they were not approved on the recon... they would go in for the Survey Hail Mary for another recon. 

Bella could you please explain this, or link this to me ? I was denied after calling for recon, I tried 3 other cards and 1 joint account at the time of membership/savings account setup, might as well use my HP. And with no luck I was denied instantly on the Joint account, which my wife has a better score and overall credit file compared to me. But the other 2 cards were sent to LO's. I called the next day after they were then denied, and she said maybe its my monthly rent. I added my rent at my place of business as well as home, thinking it would benifit me. And it didn't. She changed it to my actual monthly rent, and still denied. I would love to keep trying since I would still be using the same HP as this only happend less than 2 weeks ago.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for one last question! As i am very curious as to what that Hail Mary survey is.. ty

Message 28 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

It's a survey they send after apps to your email. Members use that as a way to recon their denials. A mgr calls you after receiving it. Did you not receive one?
Message 29 of 30
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Dakine_Mike post in the below thread and we will help you all we can.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-...
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.