Valued Member
snier

Penfed

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

Thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 641
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

Re: Penfed

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

Super Contributor
DI

snier wrote:

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

No, your grandfather would have to be a member.  There are other ways to join. 

Senior Contributor
smallfry

LynetteM wrote:

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

This is how most gain entrance. 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

snier wrote:

Here you go:

How to join PenFed

Numbers 6 and 7 are probably what you want to look at. I did #7, the National Military Families Association. You don't have to be a member of a military family. It's just a support group for them --helps send kids to camp and so forth. I paid the dues for the first year and never renewed. Every now and again I get an e-mail newsletter from me, but they didn't hassle me about renewing. I'm sure that they realized when they cut the deal with PenFed that they would have a lot of one-timers. It's a good source of funding for them, I would say.

My mother joined through MOAA (she loved the gas rebate to help out with the 25 miles she drives per month, lol.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}