Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed... :/

tag
ecocredit
New Contributor

Penfed... :/

This is a rant so if you're not interested, dont read further. 

I'm looking to buy a house and decided to get a pre-approval with penfed. I initiated the process early July. It took them a few days to get a consultant to start working on my case. I promptly submitted all my documents. Then nothing. No follow up. No response to my repeated calls, emails. Nothing. For two weeks absolutely nothing. I called them and they said your application is under review. Thats all that they would tell me. It took her almost an entire month to come back with a "decision" and she emails me a pre-qual letter. That was a big what flying .... moment for me because I already knew I was pre-qualified and was looking for a .... pre-APPROVAL letter. I called her and calmly confirmed that the pre-qual was not the same as pre-approval. When she confirmed it was indeed different, I gave her a piece of my mind. Really bad customer service (but comcast is still worse Smiley Tongue). Sigh. I am so frustrated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed... :/

@ecocredit wrote:

This is a rant so if you're not interested, dont read further. 

I'm looking to buy a house and decided to get a pre-approval with penfed. I initiated the process early July. It took them a few days to get a consultant to start working on my case. I promptly submitted all my documents. Then nothing. No follow up. No response to my repeated calls, emails. Nothing. For two weeks absolutely nothing. I called them and they said your application is under review. Thats all that they would tell me. It took her almost an entire month to come back with a "decision" and she emails me a pre-qual letter. That was a big what flying .... moment for me because I already knew I was pre-qualified and was looking for a .... pre-APPROVAL letter. I called her and calmly confirmed that the pre-qual was not the same as pre-approval. When she confirmed it was indeed different, I gave her a piece of my mind. Really bad customer service (but comcast is still worse Smiley Tongue). Sigh. I am so frustrated.

Obviously you never had to deal with CitiMortgage Inc. Smiley Frustrated   I am unfortunate to have had them become my loan servicer for my conventional loan years ago.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed... :/

Maybe ask USAA or NFCU?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.