Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Penfed

Ok guys not impressed so far let me tell u about the journey ok joined May 16th it clearly stated on website u can fund account with credit or debit card credit of course i want the rewards. Ok enter my credit card information twice thats all u get is 2 times it wouldn't take it i'm like WTH i have plenty of available credit. Ok i contact memeber services i didn't want to chance it so i used debit card over the phone this is where the Rep dropped the ball again didn't find this out though until June 9 he left off my apartment number so come to find out the Post Office sent the Card Back funny thing is i got 3 other pieces of mail from Pended. Ok so Friday June 9 when we got my apartment number added to my address i said lets bypass the PO all together just Fedex overnight i will pay the 15 bucks. Sure card will go out Monday u will get Tuesday i didn't feel today confident in that so i just got off phone with another Rep she said she don't see nothing of that conversation  ok i said i would still like Fedex overnight she comes back telling me postal service express is faster than Fedex overnight  i said when will it arrive u should have it by monday of nextweek how is that faster than over night? There reps could use some training

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed

Honestly, I have never been overly impressed with Penfed. I have a high limit Promise, I keep 2k in the checking and $500 in the savings with them. My DW has a Promise and a Power Cash Rewards both her limits are 25k. 

Everytime I have called its never been outstanding service. NFCU is nothing but outstanding IMHO.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I question why I even bothered to join Penfed. The customer service is dry and lacking. At NFCU they are pleasant and willing to research even at 3am in the morning. 

Message 3 of 24
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I agree with u guys both NFCU runs there ship tighter.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is far superior, but I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with PenFed.
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a problem with PenFed but I will echo others' sentiments that NFCU is just better. PenFed used to be better, but lately I am not as impressed. The one thing I do like about PenFed though are my quarterly pre-approvals that do not require a HP to be approved for. Otherwise, Navy all the way. 

Message 6 of 24
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Penfed service is dry and the reps could less about if you don't bank 100K and make 200K a year. I have fund there and they will charge me 10 service charge if the checking drops below 500. 😑
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, I have never been overly impressed with Penfed. I have a high limit Promise, I keep 2k in the checking and $500 in the savings with them. My DW has a Promise and a Power Cash Rewards both her limits are 25k. 

Everytime I have called its never been outstanding service. NFCU is nothing but outstanding IMHO.

I agree 100% with both aspects of your comment, donny. Excellent assessment.

Message 8 of 24
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  I just joined PENFED on Friday....this thread is scaring me.  I read so many good sentiments about PENFED which is what helped me make the decision to join.  

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChessChik47 wrote:

Wow!  I just joined PENFED on Friday....this thread is scaring me.  I read so many good sentiments about PENFED which is what helped me make the decision to join.  

They are still a good credit union, you should be happy with them. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.