Valued Member

Penfed

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

Thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 641
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

Super Contributor

snier wrote:

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

No, your grandfather would have to be a member.  There are other ways to join. 

Senior Contributor

LynetteM wrote:

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

This is how most gain entrance. 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

snier wrote:

Here you go:

How to join PenFed

Numbers 6 and 7 are probably what you want to look at. I did #7, the National Military Families Association. You don't have to be a member of a military family. It's just a support group for them --helps send kids to camp and so forth. I paid the dues for the first year and never renewed. Every now and again I get an e-mail newsletter from me, but they didn't hassle me about renewing. I'm sure that they realized when they cut the deal with PenFed that they would have a lot of one-timers. It's a good source of funding for them, I would say.

My mother joined through MOAA (she loved the gas rebate to help out with the 25 miles she drives per month, lol.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.