Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People spending over the CL on Blispay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

People spending over the CL on Blispay?

Are we able to spend over the CL on the Blispay card?  I assumed that keeping the card near the upper end 80-90% util would be the best way to get a CLI with them, but after reading the thread on the Blispay CLI, I noticed someone talking about going over the CL and that is generally how you get a CLI with Bill Me Later....  If I try to go over my CL on any of my cards other than my AMEX, it gets denied, so I just don't do it with anyone other than AMEX.  Being that Blispay is new and I am new to them, I came to the conculsion I Should never go over 90% util in fear that my card would get closed...  Can someone comment on this because if I can go above the CLi and that is how we get CLI's with them, I will start spending way way more money with them and making much larger payments....  my dinky 5k limit is just too low... I spend like 8-12k on my 2% cards every month.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: People spending over the CL on Blispay?

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we able to spend over the CL on the Blispay card?  I assumed that keeping the card near the upper end 80-90% util would be the best way to get a CLI with them, but after reading the thread on the Blispay CLI, I noticed someone talking about going over the CLI and that is generally how you get a CLI with Bill Me Later....  If I try to go over my CL on any of my cards other than my AMEX, it gets denied, so I just don't do it with anyone other than AMEX.  Being that Blispay is new and I am new to them, I came to the conculsion I chould never go over 90% util in fear that my card would get closed...  Can someone commeent on this because if I can go above the CLi and that is how we get CLI's with them, I will start spending way way more money with them and making much larger payments....

Interesting question. I have the card, but I have no clue about the question you asked.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha first one that has the brass balls big enough to test the limit and post back, i would be forever greatful...  I may even send you cookies in the mail using my 1800 flowers rewards i am still trying to figure out what the crap to do with..

I thought about getting a Ficus.. but that is too much effort....

What does one even do with 120$ in 1800flowers rewards?  if only they had restraunt sized oreo cheesecake from cheesecake factory on their website... but then I would get fat... fml

Message 3 of 21
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm going to have to say that I wouldn't try it myself.

They have told others that CLI's are not on the table just quite yet.

Also, some have had their card acct closed for suspected fraudulent activity.

My daughter had hers closed for that. Her sin--- i think she had her address changed twice. (Granted she didn't communicate back to them when they asked her too). 

They are a startup and probably working on thin margins so they can be a bit sensitive I think.

That being said, if a guinea pig gives it a shot and it works, I'm going to knock them down to get to the front of the line like a crazy old woman on Black Friday at Walmart.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agree with Woodyman . I dont have this card, but even though they may have been an offshoot of Paypal credit, they are their own monsters and sometimrs monsters bite back for silly reasons. Just be careful keeping card near limit as one never knows when they might have a bad day and decide they dont like the risk. Bot saying going to happen but weve seen cc companies act of the norm if only to do soSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we talking statement cut near limit or just woosh it up and down? Someone should go buy themselves a snowmobile
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

personally, my card stays near 90% of my credit line all the time.  some purchases are small, most are between 400-800$.  I generally make a payment of 1/5 my total credit line every month to avoid interest ever being charged and then will spend it back up to the 90% range following the payment. as you pay the card off, you pay off the oldest promotional items... so my 5 month system should allow me avoid interest forever in theory.  But if I knew it was best to spend over the CL, I would leave it 1-2k over the credit line and continue the 1/5 payment system i have.

Message 7 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we able to spend over the CL on the Blispay card?  I assumed that keeping the card near the upper end 80-90% util would be the best way to get a CLI with them, but after reading the thread on the Blispay CLI, I noticed someone talking about going over the CL and that is generally how you get a CLI with Bill Me Later....  If I try to go over my CL on any of my cards other than my AMEX, it gets denied, so I just don't do it with anyone other than AMEX.  Being that Blispay is new and I am new to them, I came to the conculsion I Should never go over 90% util in fear that my card would get closed...  Can someone comment on this because if I can go above the CLi and that is how we get CLI's with them, I will start spending way way more money with them and making much larger payments....  my dinky 5k limit is just too low... I spend like 8-12k on my 2% cards every month.

I would never go over the limit on any card.

Nor would I ever go into the 80-90% 'maxed out' region.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm do you own a small business?  I used to think that till I owned a small business because sometimes I don't really get a choice, I have to spend money to make money...  I don't think your util matters to your bank for existing cards unless they either 1) this bank cares that you go over your CL, which AMEX does not care and I have on numerous occasions been encouraged to go over it by them.  2) you dont pay your balances in full.  

but when applying for new credit they probably do care.

Case and point, I was 2k over a 5k credit line and called in to ask them to make a payment.  the agent asked why would I do that, I already paid last month's balance in full, told him I needed to make a 1.2k purchase, he ran the tool and said dont worry about it your good... I still made the payment... but amex seems to be ok with me being at 160% of my CL...  Would not suggest someone else try it tho as I have a very good and long history with them

Message 9 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hmmm do you own a small business?  I used to think that till I owned a small business because sometimes I don't really get a choice, I have to spend money to make money...  I don't think your util matters to your bank for existing cards unless they either 1) this bank cares that you go over your CL, which AMEX does not care and I have on numerous occasions been encouraged to go over it by them.  2) you dont pay your balances in full.  

but when applying for new credit they probably do care.

Case and point, I was 2k over a 5k credit line and called in to ask them to make a payment.  the agent asked why would I do that, I already paid last month's balance in full, told him I needed to make a 1.2k purchase, he ran the tool and said dont worry about it your good... I still made the payment... but amex seems to be ok with me being at 160% of my CL...  Would not suggest someone else try it tho as I have a very good and long history with them

I don't trust banks.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.