cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People who have bought bedding at Macy's 0% finance?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

People who have bought bedding at Macy's 0% finance?

Please tell me if im wrong? 

the account is a separate account on your reports? 

I called and asked for a cli to 5k to float the balance of a 3k mattress (its a cali king size mattress) 

all three reps I talked to pushed and pushed for me to open the 0% end of it to relieve my balance and let me use the credit elsewhere

all three reps claimed that it was under the same account (im assuming online only) 

and would not effect my regular card but obviously it would be a hard pull for the account(my assumption they didnt tell me this)

after I explained that I didn't want it since I didn't want any hard pulls because ive had so many recently(in the past year) and my aaoa would drop

she processed my request but said I would get a 7-10 letter in the mail. 

Asked from 3.5k to 5k with a balance of 44 dollars from like 5 days ago after the statement cut a 0 balance

account is 2 years old with no lates and pif everytime I used it. 

oh well

if they hard pulled though you better believe im fighting it. 

edit: ps  my util on my reports is actually around like 4% not the 18% since my best buy card doesnt report for a few more days. did a 0% offer for a tv.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: People who have bought bedding at Macy's 0% finance?

bump for input before it gets lost

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 4
qtcbcute
Contributor

I purchased my mattress at Macy's and it was listed as a special event on statement. I did not need to have that amount available on my credit limit. It's like a separate line of credit  and it doesn't show on my credit report. I don't know if it was a hard pull or not because I was not monitoring my credit the way I am now. it was 0% for 2 years. I hope this helps.

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have had 2 different Furniture lines and it was a seperate line of credit that was billed on the same statement as my store card... HOWEVER Im pretty sure at least up till 2 years ago that it DID report a 3rd line with Macy's on my credit report (store, Furniture, Amex)

I NEVER got a HP but that is one of the few times that "Sometimes" they do HP but like when they finally brought limits back to store card they also told me I had a 5500 furniture line sitting if I would like to use it... that was a first because the other 2 times I had to go into store and pick out everything before they would even try to offer it to me...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.