Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pep Boys credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pep Boys credit card

Does anyone have the Pep Boys credit card? What scores do they look for? Are they stingy with CL?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pep Boys credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone have the Pep Boys credit card? What scores do they look for? Are they stingy with CL?

Pep Boys card is Car Care One from GEMB. I have this card. (Not from Pep Boys, but another automotive retailer - Transmission Experts.)

If you're already in good with GEMB, then you have a good chance at a nice credit line. I already had Walmart & Paypal Buyer Credit when I applied & had a Equifax FICO of 719 at the time. I had applied online a few months earlier with 679 Equifax FICO and got denied.

The lady at the shop told me that they like it when you apply in-store with a specific amount in mind and that will increase your chance of a higher limit over applying online. My bill was $1200 and they gave me a $2000 credit limit.

It's a great card to have. First charge was 0% interest for 6 months & the card can be used at Exxon gas stations too!
Message 2 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I have the same card, I got it from Discount Tire when I was buying new wheels and tires. The cool thing is it works at gas stations too, only Exxon and Mobil though.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 6
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

ngerasimatos  do you know what was your score when you apply for DISCOUNT TIRE card ?
because i really like to have this card .
Thanks for the input .Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I believe my score was low 600's and I was approved for 2000.00
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

I would like to buy a scooter at Pep Boys for $899.  I see they are GEMB. I have a chapter 7 BK discharged in 04.  Has anyone had success getting this card in a similar situation, and what kind of fico?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.