cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pep Boys credit card

Established Contributor

Pep Boys credit card

Does anyone have the Pep Boys credit card? What scores do they look for? Are they stingy with CL?
5 REPLIES
Valued Member

Re: Pep Boys credit card

Badcreditguy wrote:
Does anyone have the Pep Boys credit card? What scores do they look for? Are they stingy with CL?

Pep Boys card is Car Care One from GEMB. I have this card. (Not from Pep Boys, but another automotive retailer - Transmission Experts.)

If you're already in good with GEMB, then you have a good chance at a nice credit line. I already had Walmart & Paypal Buyer Credit when I applied & had a Equifax FICO of 719 at the time. I had applied online a few months earlier with 679 Equifax FICO and got denied.

The lady at the shop told me that they like it when you apply in-store with a specific amount in mind and that will increase your chance of a higher limit over applying online. My bill was $1200 and they gave me a $2000 credit limit.

It's a great card to have. First charge was 0% interest for 6 months & the card can be used at Exxon gas stations too!
Valued Contributor

I have the same card, I got it from Discount Tire when I was buying new wheels and tires. The cool thing is it works at gas stations too, only Exxon and Mobil though.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

700 Club
Frequent Contributor

ngerasimatos  do you know what was your score when you apply for DISCOUNT TIRE card ?
because i really like to have this card .
Thanks for the input .Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I believe my score was low 600's and I was approved for 2000.00
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

700 Club

bump

I would like to buy a scooter at Pep Boys for $899.  I see they are GEMB. I have a chapter 7 BK discharged in 04.  Has anyone had success getting this card in a similar situation, and what kind of fico?