Frequent Contributor
frugalQ

Perfect example for using credit cards over cash...

Admittedly, I have a shoe addiction....

Last week I splurged and purchased 3 pairs of shoes (from two shoe retailers) using a credit card. One pair came in mail over the weekend, and I forced myself not to open it and take back to store. Took them back today at lunch and got refunded back to card. ( yes, I am keeping the other two pair)

Moral of the story, since I used my credit card to feed my addiction, I didn't tie up any cash. And by the time my payment is due, it will be as though my splurge never happened!

See....credit cards are good!
Capital One Platinum 0/2.5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 0/7K - Amex BCP 0/8.5K - Chase Freedom 0/3K - Discover IT 0/6.5K - LOC 0/2.5K
09Lexie

Re: Perfect example for using credit cards over cash...

Valued Contributor
dodfire

It sounds to me as if some PRE planning was done here....!!! :smileyhappy:

*8/10/13
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I always do this...
I'll buy a lot of clothes in a hurry, then once I have the time...I'll try them on and return whatever doesn't fit.
:-) helps when you have lines of credit to your favorite stores!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
frugalQ

The problem was that it was NOT pre-planned....rofl.  Now that spring has sprung, I'm excited to pull out the spring pumps, and heels for work.  Fortunately, I felt really guilty after the second purchase, so I decided to just return the pair that I know would not get much wear.   In the store today it dawned on me that none of these transactions actually impacted my cashflow.  LOL

Two new pairs should get me through the end of May...after that, I will be itching for some new summer sandals.  *yes, i know i have a problem*

I just wanted to point a little known credit card benefit for those of us who have shopping addictions.  LOL  If you give in to the urge to splurge, you have time to stew over your purchase before it impacts your cashflow.

:smileyvery-happy:

Capital One Platinum 0/2.5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 0/7K - Amex BCP 0/8.5K - Chase Freedom 0/3K - Discover IT 0/6.5K - LOC 0/2.5K
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

If you steal the shoes, there's no issue no matter what you pay with... Cause you're not paying...

Problem solved

/Thread
Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan

So, you're saying to enter the store barefooted, and leave wearing the shoes?

I suppose if someone stops you and asks where you got those shoes from, you would say "Nike"?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

frugalQ wrote:

The problem was that it was NOT pre-planned....rofl.  Now that spring has sprung, I'm excited to pull out the spring pumps, and heels for work.  Fortunately, I felt really guilty after the second purchase, so I decided to just return the pair that I know would not get much wear.   In the store today it dawned on me that none of these transactions actually impacted my cashflow.  LOL

Two new pairs should get me through the end of May...after that, I will be itching for some new summer sandals.  *yes, i know i have a problem*

I just wanted to point a little known credit card benefit for those of us who have shopping addictions.  LOL  If you give in to the urge to splurge, you have time to stew over your purchase before it impacts your cashflow.

I have an electronics adiction......one of the WORST ones to have!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

jsucool76 wrote:
If you steal the shoes, there's no issue no matter what you pay with... Cause you're not paying...

Problem solved

/Thread

I know you're not really advocating this, right?

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

jsucool76 wrote:

Problem solved

/Thread

This thread made me haha.  But this comment made me LOL.  haha

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}