Frequent Contributor
CreditWorld2013

Re: Perhaps a myFICO Recommendation?

[ Edited ]

j_casteel wrote:

if myFICO wanted to implement a "verified" rank or something that is given to posters after a certain amount of time/posts/contributions, etc then that wouldn't hurt anything...it would just be like the other ranks. "VERIFIED CONTRIBUTOR"... I'm not for verifying any of my cards, etc with a forum to make others feel happy i have the cards i'm talking about. The forum has its guidelines that members must adhere by, and they have admins/mods to "enforce" those guidelines. I think there is more done on this forum "behind closed doors" than many of us realize. (Which is the way it should be done). I know there are several forums I frequent that will give a 1 day or 2 day ban to members for certain things, or even a 2 week ban. Some have even gotten "perma-banned" where they block your email, IP, and any other thing to block you from being able to rejoin. I try not to burden myself with what guidelines others are not following on here as its not my job to do so. Now, if I were to be given "mod duty" then yes, i would ban and delete anyone who didn't agree with everything i said.

I must've missed the thread that has brought about this thread, but it seems like it really is bothering you. Perhaps, just PM'ing some of the mods would have sufficed rather than starting a thread just to get opinions about your ideas. That's what the mods/admins are there for.

This thread has run its course. Many will agree that something should be done about these specific posters. A few, like yourself, have a different view on the subject...which is perfectly fine. In regards to how this all started- you would have to go back through about 4-7 main threads from the same individual. In any case, if we discuss it any longer everyone will be able to identify the poster/s and no one wants the flame war to continue but rather to end them. I even stated in one of the threads not to get the pitchforks out but rather to moderate the poster. This thread was intended to get an open discussion so all users (both current and potential contributors) can find common ground to keep the threads on a resonable/educated course. As it stands now some members believe in using a well-needed forum to feed their own game. 

Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel

Re: Perhaps a myFICO Recommendation?

CC365 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

if myFICO wanted to implement a "verified" rank or something that is given to posters after a certain amount of time/posts/contributions, etc then that wouldn't hurt anything...it would just be like the other ranks. "VERIFIED CONTRIBUTOR"... I'm not for verifying any of my cards, etc with a forum to make others feel happy i have the cards i'm talking about. The forum has its guidelines that members must adhere by, and they have admins/mods to "enforce" those guidelines. I think there is more done on this forum "behind closed doors" than many of us realize. (Which is the way it should be done). I know there are several forums I frequent that will give a 1 day or 2 day ban to members for certain things, or even a 2 week ban. Some have even gotten "perma-banned" where they block your email, IP, and any other thing to block you from being able to rejoin. I try not to burden myself with what guidelines others are not following on here as its not my job to do so. Now, if I were to be given "mod duty" then yes, i would ban and delete anyone who didn't agree with everything i said.

I must've missed the thread that has brought about this thread, but it seems like it really is bothering you. Perhaps, just PM'ing some of the mods would have sufficed rather than starting a thread just to get opinions about your ideas. That's what the mods/admins are there for.

This thread has run its course. Many will agree that something should be done about these specific posters. A few, like yourself, have a different view on the subject...which is perfectly fine. In regards to how this all started- you would have to go back through about 4-7 main threads from the same individual. In any case, if we discuss it any longer everyone will be able to identify the poster/s and no one wants the flame war to continue but rather to end them. I even stated in one of the threads not to get the pitchforks out but rather to moderate the poster. This thread was intended to get an open discussion so all users (both current and potential contributors) can find common ground to keep the threads on a resonable/educated course. As it stands now some members believe in using a well-needed forum to feed their own game. 

As the OP, CC365, feels that this thread has run its course, I will go ahead and close it. I do think that it has served the purpose of allowing forum members to express their feelings regarding the recent tone and content of these boards and I appreciate hearing the feedback. I would like to reassure everyone that the Mod staff is well aware of the recent problems is taking steps to address the issue. We hope to be able to return to our stated goal of being a friendly, supportive and respectful community.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}