Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent or Temporary?

tag
garci349
Established Member

Permanent or Temporary?

If I apply for 2 credit cards, will this bring my score down?

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Permanent or Temporary?

@garci349 wrote:

If I apply for 2 credit cards, will this bring my score down?

Yes it will permenantly destroy your credit!  just kidding!   When you apply for a new credit line the inquiry will hurt you 2-5 points on average. Also new credit lines will lower your Average age of accounts. If you have a solid credit history it's nothing to worry about really. The scores rebound will rebound pretty quickly.

Message 2 of 6
garci349
Established Member

Haha !

Rebound?

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 3 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Rebound as in go back to where they were prior to the app. Give it a few weeks to a couple of months and the few point ding will be gone. 

Message 4 of 6
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes an inquiry won't hurt at all

I think I just have so much credit and small balances that it balances out the inquiries

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Temporary

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.