Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal 1st app spree *Updated 8/22

tag
Cranski
Valued Member

Re: 2nd card after lackluster year with Wells Fargo Secured

Another update. I know I shouldn't have perhaps, but I'm impatient (biological >_>)... I noticed Discover only hit TU, and Citi has few TU inquiries reported; especially in NC. I app'd and got the application requires further review. Could be for any reason but it's probably address and school verification, I hope. Even though I updated the address manually myself to all three bureaus, even discover wanted proof.

I wish they would take a lesson from Discover and allow the information to be uploaded during the application process. I'm updating incase anyone comes looking for answers to their tough situation as a student cause it has been a long battle.

Either way I got the Discover 1.5k. That is more then enough to garden with the WF secured. I'd rather qualify for a home in a year but I'm not too much in a rush to not wait 2 years (insert Super Tramp- Take the Long Way Home).

If anyone responds, Can I cancel the Cap one inquiry since they're slow-Mo to avoid the HP on all three bureaus?

Heading to the myfico garden, and get that free trowel and and watering can.

Citi Forward Student- Application Under Review 7 to 10 days, called but got "You will def. be contacted within 7-10 days," I shouldn't have said just calling to see if I can send in student information and address verification.... it is the electronic age Citi... Will post update on 2 pending cards. I'm done app'ing.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 11 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

Ouch denied.

Why we're writing you
 Thank you for applying for the Citi Forward(R) Visa(R)
 account.  Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request
 for the account at this time because of the following:

o   A delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid
 or unpaid, was recorded on your credit bureau report.

Here's what you should know
 Our credit decision was based, in whole or in part, on
 information obtained in a report from the following consumer
 reporting agency:

Equifax Credit Information Service
 P.O. Box 740241
 Atlanta, GA  30374-0241
 1-800-685-1111

I feared that would happen. Stupid Utility company. I saw on whogavemecredit that most pulls from my area recently were coming from EX. Oh well maybe in 6 more years Citi.

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 12 of 49
jamie123
Valued Contributor

You should try apping for a Walmart card now. With your scores you have a very good chance of approval. The CL might be small but SO WHAT! You are just starting out, you need to build some history and not worry about CL at this time. You need at least 3 cards reporting to maximize your scores. Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

I was aiming for +2 more, but I've seen lots of denials for Walmart. I would love the Fico report though. It all comes down to will they pull my dreaded EQ report with 1 paid Utility 2 years old because it was several hundred, and the one $71 I refuse to pay till the budge on pfd because I never got the bill, and was a week after my severe accident and left balance after closing account.

I will go look for the requirements though, and who they pulled from within people of my state. Thanks

Message 14 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

I lied, I can't bring myself to app.  Smiley Tongue  I didnt' find anything useful on whogavemecredit as NC folks don't exactly understand how to feel out the form when angry. Plus I'm a student so that doesn't help. I'd consider a EQ icing but I'll just wait 6 monts and put my 1st unsecured into a picture padlocked frame and use it once in 3 months

Message 15 of 49
jamie123
Valued Contributor

C'mon....Go for the Walmart card!
You were approved for Discover. Discover and Walmart work closely together. I do beleive that Walmart pulls TU.

And hey...You will get a free TU score every month!

All they can say is no! Don't fear rejection, embrace it! Time to man up! Go for it!

Good luck!

Message 16 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

The walmart discover or walmart cc, I haven't seen much info about student other then on myfico. I did see they pull TU and EX. It will be the third HP... so Chase will not like it lol.

Message 17 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

HAHAHAhahahahah....

My first instant approval. For $150.00 limit. Boy oh Boy, I think I will leave that one in the envelope and open it in 4 months. But yay to the free Fico report.Heart

@jamie123 wrote:

C'mon....Go for the Walmart card!
You were approved for Discover. Discover and Walmart work closely together. I do beleive that Walmart pulls TU.

And hey...You will get a free TU score every month!

All they can say is no! Don't fear rejection, embrace it! Time to man up! Go for it!

Good luck!

Message 18 of 49
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Hurray!!!! (The crowd ROARS and comes to their feet to give Cranski a standing ovation as he enters the Olympic stadium!!!)

Congrats!!!

Job well done!!!

(Much back slapping and handshaking with a few high fives to go around!!!)

Nice wallet now! WF, Discover and Walmart!

Now make sure you do this:

Activate the Walmart, use it every month and make sure you PIF a few days BEFORE the due date. They might give you an auto CLI after 4 months. Walmart is generous with CLIs. Same goes for the Discover.

Call Cap1 on Monday during business hours to do a recon. You still have a good chance to get this card. Follow up! Don't have these be wasted HPs.

If you just received a letter from Citi and didn't talk to a real person, call them on Monday during business hours for a recon. All they can say is no! Just explain the utility bill to them just like you did here. Don't worry they won't bite!

Don't quit now! Keep the faith!

You still have one more GOLD MEDAL event!

Good luck!

Message 19 of 49
Cranski
Valued Member

Lol what enthusiasm, greatly appreciated.

I've not heard from Chase at all but I would assume since they pull 3 bureau reports the baddie will hurt my application. I'll wait till I hear back from them.

Citi I've dug through various information sources and seen no positives on using the backdoor, so I chose an alterior motive. Ive actually contacted the original utility and explained the situation but not pushed as I requested the original bill so if its owed I can pay, when I contact them back I will escelate the call back to the supervisor to request the removal of the derogetory remark. If that doesn't work I will solicit the vp board, nc utility commision, and BBB. Also the inhouse CRA is right down the street so I've considered going in person. I'm still pondering it. I have a little bit of time to respond to Citi I believe. At the least the CRA offered PIF so I could follow that route and do an online dispute to get it remedied faster.

I'm just happy for the first time ever I was approved instantly even if only for 150.00. I will utilize it for gas and I always pif, I don't like to play the UTI game. Perhaps in a few months Wells fargo will graduate as I've heard it's october.

Other then that I'm going to the *garden* for a while. I don't see myself buying a house till I finish my juris doctorate. By the time I finish I'll have a good chance and getting a great refinance offer for student loans and pay them down faster than possible, if not earlier. I'm building up for the Sallie mae rewards card since all loans are with them atm. I also believe there are several other CC that not only reward loan repayment cash but cash for making loan repayments. 

As far as I'm concerned that is my main goal then I can worry about a home and *near new used cars.

Thanks to these forums especially for where, why, and how, to get to where I'm going from where I was.

Cheers.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.