cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal blacklist: Which CCCs/lenders do YOU blacklist?

tag
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Personal blacklist: Which CCCs/lenders do YOU blacklist?

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap 1 for the no CLI after almost 2 years....

I'm with you (and all the others reporting the same issues with them)... Cap 1 is driving me nuts. I've had the card for 4 years as of this month and I've still got the $500 CL. I'm going to call using the backdoor number because I really want them to stop being so stingy with me. If it weren't for the age factor, I'd dump that card.

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one, they are quick to sue. they are quick to issue a card, persistent almost, and quick to sue. if someone is as naive as i was back then with credit, this is a bad combo.
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just about boycotted all non-credit union issued cards, with emphasis on Crapola One and ShyttyFinancial...The only time I'll apply for a non-credit union card is if they have a great promotion going on that includes a 0% on anything..other than that, all non-credit union issued cards can go kick rocks!
Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
I would love to blacklist CapOne and First Premier.  2 of the most ridiculous companies in existence.
Message 34 of 46
theduke
Established Member

1. capital one
2. hsbc/best buy

incompetent and convoluted customer service. predatory practices. inflexibility. etc etc.
Message 35 of 46
athensguy
Valued Contributor

I blacklist Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Maybe Chase, but we'll see.

First, I would like to say that I will never do business with Wells Fargo because of mortgage problems someone close to me had that I tried to help with.

For credit cards, I guess I haven't read enough, so I don't know what the problems are with Capital One. I have a card from them that I got a while ago and have gotten a credit limit increase and the apr is somewhere below 10%. They have no-fee checks very often as well. My first card was a CapOne that I canceled because of the annual fee.

I really like my First National Bank of Omaha Visa card. It was my second card. They have always been easy to deal with and have not had very many terms changes.

I will never do business with Bank of America again. They bought Fleet and doubled my interest rate for no reason.

I so far am unhappy with Chase. They bought a bank that I had a card with. I haven't done much business with them, but they have managed to mess up the one time I used a special BT offer.

I haven't had any problems with Citi or Discover*.

*Changed my mind. I am a little annoyed at Discover because they raised my APR for seemingly no reason (No baddies on history, util has gone down, no over limits or lates for them in particular, no new accounts and few credit pulls). I forgot to send them a letter to find out why. I generally PIF so it doesn't hurt me, but it's still annoying.

Message Edited by erchambers on 02-26-2008 11:43 AM
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 -  Cap1 (anyone else noticing a pattern here??)
2 -  NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp)
Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hereby officially add Wells Fargo to my lender blacklist.  I have tried unsuccessfully on numerous occasions to goodwill a 60-day late payment from 2003 on my student loan with them.  My loan with them was consolidated and paid off in 2006, and I guess since they no longer service my loan or make money off me, they could care less.  I tried 3 times over the past year and in response to my most recent letter, they characterized my "dispute" as frivilous and say they would not "investigate" it any further.  WTH??! 

To the blacklist with thee, Well Fargo!  Smiley Mad

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very happy to add my two cents here.

HSBC is by far the worst I've ever dealt with.  Last year I stupidly, out of dire necessity accepted one of their mailed offers of a $10k credit line, unsecured.  It was all done online, I never even spoke to anyone.  In a week I had $9k in my bank account out of that $10k line.  They never mailed me a statement.  I had to hunt them down to find out how to pay them.

It took 5 letters, count them,. FIVE letters requesting statements before I could get any.  And in that time, they had the nerve to charge me $10 each time I had to make a phone pay.  They finally gave me back $30 of that, but I never got the other $20 back and it took repeated attempts to even get that thirty bucks back.

Then I kept asking for the missing statements of 4 months.  They never, ever, generated any statements so I have no record of how they applied my hefty payments I kept making.

Then their phone system is so screwed up that when I call it is never current.  One time it stated that no payment was even due.  Ha!  I did not believe it and made a payment anyway.  Thank goodness, because of course a payment was due.

They charge for online payments, so I just mail in payments.  They charge phone pay fees.

And worst of all is that after 9 months of payments, I am only down $300 on the principle.  Any financial windfall I get is going to that horrible account, and then I will close them down!  That will be one I won't mind taking a ding of a couple points for to close.

Horrible, terrible to deal with.  And their customer service people don't even speak clear English! 
Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase - Increased APR to 30% for no reason, never late never over limit, just carry a high balance.

BofA hasn't done anything wrong to me yet, and I hope they never do - so I am not blacklisting them but seems like a lot are not happy with them.

HSBC - Okay, I have two HSBC CCs and an HSBC Retail card. My CLs have dropped on all but one and my APRs have increase because of my FICO score. My only option was to close the account and pay it off or accept the new terms. Once they are paid I will consider closing them - don't want to ruin my CH.

CapitalOne - Never have had a problem with them of any sort, would love to hear a few more detailed stories on why they are so bad...

Wells Fargo - My mortgage payment situation turned into a fiasco and they wouldn't do anything to help me and reported 30 days late to CRAs - I will never do anything with them again and if I ever get my score up I will refi with a new company.
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.