Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peter Luger Charge Card

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Peter Luger Charge Card

I was  watching  a show on tv about steak houses.  The Peter Luger steakhouse in N.Y.C. was on it.  They don't take credit cards ,  but their own.  I was wondering, if anyone had one and what their criteria would be to get one.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Peter Luger Charge Card

@ways2go wrote:

I watching a show on tv about steak houses.  The Peter Luger steakhouse in N.Y.C. was on it.  They don't take credit cards ,  but their own.  I was wondering, if anyone had one and what their criteria would be to get one.

Its just a house account, not a card. you have to be credit worthy in there eyes. probably easier to use a debit card, I mean who wants a hp to eat a steak. good steaks though
Message 2 of 28
redpat
Senior Contributor

They do give you a card though.

And oh, GREAT STEAKS!  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 28
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I watching a show on tv about steak houses.  The Peter Luger steakhouse in N.Y.C. was on it.  They don't take credit cards ,  but their own.  I was wondering, if anyone had one and what their criteria would be to get one.

No No No...Just use your debit card that is what I did when I took a group of my friends who visited me from DC there....Good food but not enough to eff your credit over...YIKES!!!!

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 4 of 28
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

What's the point in issuing your own card? I am curious how they decided that they want to issue their own charge cards.
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

Its just a house account, not a card. you have to be credit worthy in there eyes. probably easier to use a debit card, I mean who wants a hp to eat a steak. good steaks though

HP a steak. LOL Smiley LOL  Yeah...Debit.

It's like the ARCO Gas Station of Restaurants. No CC's allowed.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
What's the point in issuing your own card? I am curious how they decided that they want to issue their own charge cards.

Lower fees and fewer headaches with charge disputes.

Message 7 of 28
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

Yeah,  but it would be one of those unusual cards you could show off,  especially if you don't even live close to new york.

Message 8 of 28
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I don't know may be its just me but I wouldn't want to show off a card that I can use at only one place however exclusive it may look.

Also is eating steak worth the HP? I mean they do accept debit cards.
Message 9 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.