Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pfico's are up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pfico's are up

thanks for getting back to me.....i actually really applied for this cc over the phone....and the csr said it would be a soft pull.....that is nice to know that it will not hit my score.

do all bofa cc apps do soft pulls only?
Message 31 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

whoa, unless you already have a BofA card, and that's pretty iffy, any application for a new card will be a hard.

If you have found someone who does a soft for a new account, please let us know who it is, because we will be all over him/her!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

this was for the bofa small biz world points card with rewards.

i asked the lady if there was going to be a hard pull....and she said nope..it would be a soft pull....she said it may cost me 1-5 points.

she said they would look at my biz credit....and also my personal credit.
she said in TX they would pull either TU or EQ and that they look for scores in the 640's

hope that helps!
Message 33 of 36
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i asked the lady if there was going to be a hard pull....and she said nope..it would be a soft pull....she said it may cost me 1-5 points.
A hard pull will cost you a few points, a soft pull costs no points. Ever. It sounds like the CSR didn't know what she was talking about. Sadly CSRs who don't understand the difference between a soft and hard pull seem to be quite plentiful...
Message 34 of 36
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
So if nothing changes on your reports, month in, month out, your scores probably won't change either. If you're rocking and rolling, working on your reports and getting your debt down, they could change daily, or conceivably even hourly.

Your credit information changes constantly, even if you do absolutely nothing. It ages...
Message 35 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jmbfl wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
So if nothing changes on your reports, month in, month out, your scores probably won't change either. If you're rocking and rolling, working on your reports and getting your debt down, they could change daily, or conceivably even hourly.

Your credit information changes constantly, even if you do absolutely nothing. It ages...

Yes, very true, but this doesn't necessarily trigger eensie little score changes every month.

So you keep accumulating that good history every month, diluting any baddies and inching your age upwards, but unless you have an account or a baddie with a "birthday", or your longest history or AAoA cross into the next tier up, you might well not have a score change for a while.

My scores used to move upwards every month (or even more often), but now that I'm in gardening mode, they're generally not doing a whole heckuva lot.

I expect some huge changes in February, when most of my new accounts hit one year, and then a smaller one in March, when my youngest baddie goes over 2 years. There are a couple of other birthdays between now and then, but these should be the true biggies.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.