Phone VS Chat VS Love Button

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Phone VS Chat VS Love Button

@SOGGIE wrote:

@newhis wrote:

From personal experience with DW JCP:

Started at $400 a year ago, after a few months the luv button gave her a new limit of $900. After a few months tried again and nothing, waited a month and chatted, asked for $5,000 and got it.

From what I see, there is no way to ask for a new limit and the luv button only offers what the algoritm gives you. By chatting you can ask for a higher limit and they can approve it. There is no way that my DW could jump from $900 to $5,000 via luv button.

Hope this helps.

That is in accordance per lender. I assume from your post that JCP allows the consumer to provide a CLI increase amount. Discover (for example) does not allow consumers to provide a desired limit increase amount. At least that is what they informed me. In your wife's JCP experience, you are correct.

Yes this is only for JCP. I don't know if you can chat with Discover CSR and ask for a desired limit. I know the system changed a few months ago from asking a desired limit to will authorize some.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.