cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number to upgrade Macys card to Macy's Amex?

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Phone number to upgrade Macys card to Macy's Amex?

Is there a phone number or do you have to go into a Macys store to request the upgrade to their Amex Card? I've read on some old threads people did it via live chat but it looks like ever since they got their new credit card site there is no more live chat.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Phone number to upgrade Macys card to Macy's Amex?

@Royalbacon wrote:

Is there a phone number or do you have to go into a Macys store to request the upgrade to their Amex Card? I've read on some old threads people did it via live chat but it looks like ever since they got their new credit card site there is no more live chat.

Must go into store and apply at a checkout for the Amex version.

Message 2 of 7
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

+1  I went into the store last weekend to see about upgrading.  No way to do it online or over the phone unfortunately. I opted not to, however, as I was told it was a completely new application and if approved, would appear as a new TL.  I was hoping for something similar to the Nordie's card where they could just upgrade/convert you to a Visa Signature, no hard pull and using the existing account and account history.  Smiley Sad

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 3 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

+1  I went into the store last weekend to see about upgrading.  No way to do it online or over the phone unfortunately. I opted not to, however, as I was told it was a completely new application and if approved, would appear as a new TL.  I was hoping for something similar to the Nordie's card where they could just upgrade/convert you to a Visa Signature, no hard pull and using the existing account and account history.  Smiley Sad

they used to do that, after the system upgrade and Citi started directly underwriting the accounts they discontinued that.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 7
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

So I called and asked for a CLI. Got an increase to $6600 and asked about the Amex and he told me you need to be apply in store. I went to Macy's, just got out literally and am in my vehicle in the parking lot as I type this, got approved for $4000 limit with the Amex. Do these limits combine or will they be seperate? Do I need to keep my old Macy's store card after I get the Amex in the mail? I said I wanted to upgrade and he did it as a new application for the Amex which is how I'm assuming it needs to be done.

Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Message 5 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:
So I called and asked for a CLI. Got an increase to $6600 and said Amex needs to be applied in storegards. I went to Macy's, just got out literally and am in my vehicle in the parking lot as I type this, got approved for $4000 limit with the Amex. Do these limits combine or will they be seperate? Do I need to keep my old Macy's store card after I get the Amex in the mail?

congrats! and its two different tradelines, one amex - one store card.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 6 of 7
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Thats what Im thinking but been hearing people saying since the site upgrade they stopped doing it and it's just one now. The receipt temporary card thing ythey gave me to use says the limit is $4000 and it can be used at Macys, Macys.com and whereever Amex is accepted. Still showing just my regular store Macys card on my account and a CL of $6600 and I don't see the purchase I just made yet today.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.