Did you mean: 

Picture of OCCU letter!!!!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Picture of OCCU letter!!!!

@john398 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I seem to be one of few that is carrying a decent balance ($3k) on mine. I got the letter today and it states it will report as closed and timely payments until the balance is paid in full.

oh and when its paid in full they will totally remove it?

It doesnt look like it from the verbiage on the letter (OCCU will report your account closed to the credit bureaus and will continue to report your timely payments as specified within the Visa Credit Card Account Agreement. You will continue to receive monthly statements and the terms of the Visa Credit Card Account Agreement will continue to apply until your account balance is paid in full).  I will call them and ask if all records can be removed after I pay the balance. I'm going to just pay it off to wash my hands clean of anything to do with this circus. Hopefully my other lenders wont become concerned. 

Message 31 of 37
jumpinjax
New Contributor

OCCU removed TL from experian and equifax, transunion will probably be removed with an update soon - still shows open.  Inquiry on Equifax still remains, although I expect them to complete the purging process.  All in all, I'm satisfied, no harm, no foul.

Message 32 of 37
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Have not got letter yet, mine is still reporting, unusable online.

It's really crappy they took away the online bill payment feature, one of the reasons I turned them into the BBB. I do not pay bills by mail, heard too many stories of ID theft because of it. 

pay through your banks bill pay, it goes electronic more often then not and even safer then forking over all your bank info to every bill you have in the country.

yup or you can get a money order cheap enough if need be... the one thing **NOT** to do is to decide to not pay it because you disagree with how they handled the account. No matter what the hit from a new, and only unsecured account on your credit report will not be helpful to you.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 33 of 37
RnJ
Contributor

For reference:

Letter today did NOT indicate TL would be removed, and it remains on EX. 

I'm guessing only those who never had a purchase on their cards will have the TL's removed.

If this is the case, they're going to hear about it!  Smiley Mad

Message 34 of 37
mrflibble

I've been in dispute with OCCU over an unauthorized transaction and unprocessed refund back in December 2013.

I have a balance of around $3K and haven't got a letter telling me my account is closed. I can still login online and just got this months statement.

Weird thing is that I checked my Experian credit report today and it says the account is closed and also shows "Account in dispute-reported by subscriber".

Dealing with OCCU has turned into a nightmare. These people are one serious bunch of [mod edit] clowns.

mod edit-colorful language ~ Lexie

Message 35 of 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes they are a joke. I originally planned to keep hacking away at my $3k balance $500/mo but I dont think it looks good to have a reported balance on a closed acct so I just paid balance transfer to BoA...I had 0% offer thru October 2015.

If you have the ability I would cut all ties with this outfit.
Message 36 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

Report of them first ignoring written requests, then eventually responding with a refusal to remove TL for a cardholder who used the card once for $1 purchase. Figure they could agree to remove trades for any PIF accounts in good standing, an opt for closed by card holder would have been a nice courtesy. Since technically OCCU can claim they didn't do anything wrong, there's apparently no regulatory redress. Jilted card holders are left to move on or try to LART the duck back to its senses for removal of the dead in the water account reporting.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.