Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pier 1 Imports Rewards Credit Card

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Pier 1 Imports Rewards Credit Card

I got denied back in the summer of 2011 with a 640 FICO :-(. I believe Chase was the bank at that time :-/
It seems like it'd be hard to get approved for it meh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: ANY OWNERS OF PIER 1 REWARD CARD COMMENT

@Anonymous wrote:

ANYBODY THATS HAS THE PIER 1 CARD WHAT IS YOUR LIMIT??????

I ended up applying last summer afer they changed from Chase to Comenity Bank.  I was approved for $1500.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
liza123
New Visitor

Beware! I applied for a Pier 1 card back in Feb, was approved at the store. Within a week, someone other than myself was using my line of credit, in a state 3,000 miles away from my home town, without a physical card. After investigating, my local sheriff found out that someone walked into a store in KY, gave the clerk just the # on the account... no card... The clerk says she checked for ID, last 4 of SS, and date of birth. Did she or didn't she? Sheriff theorizes that someone, more than likely a Pier 1 employee, got a hold of my info and is now using that info and my account #. Nothing more has happened with my credit, leading the sheriff to believe this is an inside job, so to speak. Since all this has happened, I've had to put a freeze on my credit, sign up for Lifelock, and need to monitor my credit activity daily. So think twice before applying for a card with Pier 1. Trust me, it's not worth the money or the effort I've had to shell out to protect my ID. An added note, on a local, regional and corporate level, Pier 1 has refused to help law enforcement in catching the individual using my information. They have insisted that I pay the fraudulent charges. I've had to take legal actions to deal with this issue alone.

Message 13 of 18
creativeone
New Visitor

Re: ANY OWNERS OF PIER 1 REWARD CARD COMMENT

I was recently approved for the Pier 1 card with $1000 limit.

Message 14 of 18
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@liza123 wrote:

Beware! I applied for a Pier 1 card back in Feb, was approved at the store. Within a week, someone other than myself was using my line of credit, in a state 3,000 miles away from my home town, without a physical card. After investigating, my local sheriff found out that someone walked into a store in KY, gave the clerk just the # on the account... no card... The clerk says she checked for ID, last 4 of SS, and date of birth. Did she or didn't she? Sheriff theorizes that someone, more than likely a Pier 1 employee, got a hold of my info and is now using that info and my account #. Nothing more has happened with my credit, leading the sheriff to believe this is an inside job, so to speak. Since all this has happened, I've had to put a freeze on my credit, sign up for Lifelock, and need to monitor my credit activity daily. So think twice before applying for a card with Pier 1. Trust me, it's not worth the money or the effort I've had to shell out to protect my ID. An added note, on a local, regional and corporate level, Pier 1 has refused to help law enforcement in catching the individual using my information. They have insisted that I pay the fraudulent charges. I've had to take legal actions to deal with this issue alone.

Sorry this happened, but it does happen with all kinds of credit, not just Pier 1 or retail stores Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 18
greyeyes33

I was Approved For 1000...  I applied Online

Starting Score: 626
Current Score: 643
Goal Score:740

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initially approved for $1000 but moved up to $3000 within 4 months.  My scores were around 600 across the board at the time with some COs, paid leins, and 2 30 days

Message 17 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is from Jan 2012 and the OP is not updating it, it is being closed to further comments. You are free to start a new one on the subject if desired.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.