Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pissed off at Suntrust Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pissed off at Suntrust Bank

ok, I have been with this bank for at least an year now, never had any return checks, overdrafts, etc. So, now that I need some help with my credit score I thought I would apply for there Credit Card, and I was Declined. When I received the declined letter, I responded nicely and asked if its possibly my application can be reviewed again, and they said they still declined me...So, I called the Underwriting Department to ask for an specific reason as to why I was declined, they couldn't give me a good answer, they just stated that my collection's was still current, I was like they all have a 0 balance and they are over 2 years old, but oh well, I guess it doesn't matter with them. I even asked them if they offered a secured card and they don't offer that either, I think I'm going to switch banks...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pissed off at Suntrust Bank

There is no reason to be upset. Every lender has their own standards and criteria for approving credit applications. Those collections are still fairly recent and perhaps made Suntrust nervous. Don't take it personally. We all get turned down for things. Just move on.

Last month I requested CLI's on both my BoA cards and was denied. I was surprised but I accepted it and didn't let it bother me.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, I have been with this bank for at least an year now, never had any return checks, overdrafts, etc. So, now that I need some help with my credit score I thought I would apply for there Credit Card, and I was Declined. When I received the declined letter, I responded nicely and asked if its possibly my application can be reviewed again, and they said they still declined me...So, I called the Underwriting Department to ask for an specific reason as to why I was declined, they couldn't give me a good answer, they just stated that my collection's was still current, I was like they all have a 0 balance and they are over 2 years old, but oh well, I guess it doesn't matter with them. I even asked them if they offered a secured card and they don't offer that either, I think I'm going to switch banks...

Did you send any GW letters to the old collectors?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just mailed off my letters yesterday, ya know I didn't even know that it was possible to write a GW letter, until I found myfico.com. Everyone has really been so helpful... It is truly an blessingSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually just mailed off my letters yesterday, ya know I didn't even know that it was possible to write a GW letter, until I found myfico.com. Everyone has really been so helpful... It is truly an blessingSmiley Happy

Everyone's got their own unique situation and almost always can give others advice, thats whats awesome about this site! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.