Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Places you can pay your CC in cash?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Places you can pay your CC in cash?

I used to be able to deposit any cash I got to my Bank of America account and pay the bills, but the only checking account I have now is with Citi and there are zero branches in my state. I have a savings account with my CU but it does not allow ACH transfers. The only card I have that I would be able to go to a branch for is BofA, so I'm SOL with everyone else. Are there any third party locations that will process cash CC payments no matter the lender?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Places you can pay your CC in cash?

Where do you live, no Wells Fargo? Chase? BBT? There are a ton of banks out there that will gladly open an account with several options to keep it free and have free bill pay or easy ach payments with your routing and account numbers.

Why are you making life difficult for yourself by not doing some quick google map search.

Message 2 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

Not sure if Citi accepts it, but Western Union?

Message 3 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

There's no Chase here. BBT and WF yes, but i didn't wanna open another checking account
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. You will likely just have to open a new account. Find an opening bonus if you can.
Message 5 of 10
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah. You will likely just have to open a new account. Find an opening bonus if you can.

Agreed. Although for simplicity's sake, have you considered getting a checking account at your CU (assuming it allows ACH transfers)? 

Otherwise, check out what bank(s) have ATMs near you and then get a checkings account there. 

(The store cards, at least Kohl's, you should be able to pay off in store if there are any near you)

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

That's probably what I'll do Callandra

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do NOT open a checking account at BBT unless you want to take a HP. ALL new accounts take a HP.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
I used to be able to deposit any cash I got to my Bank of America account and pay the bills, but the only checking account I have now is with Citi and there are zero branches in my state. I have a savings account with my CU but it does not allow ACH transfers. The only card I have that I would be able to go to a branch for is BofA, so I'm SOL with everyone else. Are there any third party locations that will process cash CC payments no matter the lender?

You could always open up a serve card. They have 3 different types.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/american-express-serve-types-guide/

• Monthly Fee: $1 or $0 with a $500 direct deposit or $500 in loads. (The monthly fee is waived in TX, NY & VT.) Note: In some areas of the terms, it mentions only direct deposit waiving the monthly fee while in others it mentions $500 in loads being required. According to Doctor of Credit, $500 in loads are currently working to waive the fee.
  • Cash loads: Available at Walmart, 7-11, CVS & Family Dollar. No fee.
  • Cash load limits: $2,500 per day/$5,000 per month.
  • Online Amex credit card loads: $200 per day/$1,000 per month

This way you can load up cash at walmart, 7-11, cvs, family dollar, then do a bill pay. You can do up to 2500 a day or 5000 a month. You could also fund this from the debit card from your citi checking.... and fund from your savings account. They cut  a paper check the first payment, and the future ones are electronic and go the same day or in 24 hrs.  You may have to add a checking account to your credit union that would be the easiest thing to do. Then you could avoid taking cash to walmart, just deposit it at your credit union and then fund the Serve card instantly with it.  I guess you said they dont offer bill pay though???????????

Does one of your current banks support pop payments?  Why is your checking account out of state?????

Message 9 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

You could always open up a serve card. They have 3 different types.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/american-express-serve-types-guide/

• Monthly Fee: $1 or $0 with a $500 direct deposit or $500 in loads. (The monthly fee is waived in TX, NY & VT.) Note: In some areas of the terms, it mentions only direct deposit waiving the monthly fee while in others it mentions $500 in loads being required. According to Doctor of Credit, $500 in loads are currently working to waive the fee.
  • Cash loads: Available at Walmart, 7-11, CVS & Family Dollar. No fee.
  • Cash load limits: $2,500 per day/$5,000 per month.
  • Online Amex credit card loads: $200 per day/$1,000 per month

This way you can load up cash at walmart, 7-11, cvs, family dollar, then do a bill pay. You can do up to 2500 a day or 5000 a month. You could also fund this from the debit card from your citi checking.... and fund from your savings account. They cut  a paper check the first payment, and the future ones are electronic and go the same day or in 24 hrs.  You may have to add a checking account to your credit union that would be the easiest thing to do. Then you could avoid taking cash to walmart, just deposit it at your credit union and then fund the Serve card instantly with it.  I guess you said they dont offer bill pay though???????????

Does one of your current banks support pop payments?  Why is your checking account out of state?????

Right, my first thought was one of the Amex Prepaid, Serve, Bluebird (for Walmart) or Redbird (Target) if those stores are near you.   The latter two are always free

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.