Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan for 2013

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Plan for 2013

How about Discover More for online shopping? At least 5% cash back from their partner online merchants. 

Message 11 of 20
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Plan to refi my vehicle with NFCU and possibly either a NavChek or a 2nd NFCU card to be done towards early 2013 then no more app'ing til we decide to buy another house which is hopefully not until 2014 but things have been known to change.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 20
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

How about Discover More for online shopping? At least 5% cash back from their partner online merchants. 

I thought MORE was dead and rewards operated on a quarterly cycle. Could be wrong but I no longer see it on the webpage.

@bs6054 wrote:

Or go for the Priceline Visa, 2% back on everything., leaving the BCE for the 3% on groceries.    Or  the similar Fidelity Amex

Tough call for me. Every drop of my blood straight-up hates BofA, and the Fido is FIA-backed, which is BofA. In a terrible twist of unfortunate irony, Fidelity is my investment house. I'd have to swallow real hard on this one.

@SnackTrader wrote:

Why not go for the Citi Forward for 5% on restaurants....?

Why not? Because I totally missed this one!!! I'm thinking this is the winner, plus baking Citi into my 2013 cake would be sweet... if they'll have me again. I never burned them but they shut me down in 09 when I had a zero balance. I will look closer into Forward.

Message 13 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@jake619 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I thought MORE was dead and rewards operated on a quarterly cycle. Could be wrong but I no longer see it on the webpage.

@bs6054 wrote:

Or go for the Priceline Visa, 2% back on everything., leaving the BCE for the 3% on groceries.    Or  the similar Fidelity Amex

Tough call for me. Every drop of my blood straight-up hates BofA, and the Fido is FIA-backed, which is BofA. In a terrible twist of unfortunate irony, Fidelity is my investment house. I'd have to swallow real hard on this one.

@SnackTrader wrote:

Why not go for the Citi Forward for 5% on restaurants....?

Why not? Because I totally missed this one!!! I'm thinking this is the winner, plus baking Citi into my 2013 cake would be sweet... if they'll have me again. I never burned them but they shut me down in 09 when I had a zero balance. I will look closer into Forward.

The Discover More is still available. More info here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-those-thinking-of-applying-for-Discover-It/m-p/17620...

BofA BankAmericard Cash Rewards offer 3% back on gas, by the way...

Message 14 of 20
jake619
Frequent Contributor

MORE looks like a quarterly category rotating card.  BofA-backed cards are out for now.  Like I said, avoiding them at all cost.

Message 15 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@jake619 wrote:

MORE looks like a quarterly category rotating card.  BofA-backed cards are out for now.  Like I said, avoiding them at all cost.

Shopdiscover's cashback is not rotating at all.

Message 16 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Priceline is Barclays rather than BoA, hope that isn't as bad as BoA!

Message 17 of 20
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

How do I eat there?  J/K.  I'm looking for a card that kicks back rewards at restaurants.  I travel a bit and generally spend a good chunk of time on the road.

Message 18 of 20
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Priceline is Barclays rather than BoA, hope that isn't as bad as BoA!

Thanks, so far Barclays likes me.  

I shafted BofA for a good chunk of $ on a short sale... They're more likely to extend a middle finger to me than credit anyway.  Haha.

Message 19 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@jake619 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

How do I eat there?  J/K.  I'm looking for a card that kicks back rewards at restaurants.  I travel a bit and generally spend a good chunk of time on the road.

The Discover Open Road offers 2% cash back, but the monthly cap is $250...

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/open-road-card/

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.