Blogger
HiLine

Re: Plan for 2013

How about Discover More for online shopping? At least 5% cash back from their partner online merchants. 

Valued Contributor
j_casteel

Plan to refi my vehicle with NFCU and possibly either a NavChek or a 2nd NFCU card to be done towards early 2013 then no more app'ing til we decide to buy another house which is hopefully not until 2014 but things have been known to change.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $17.5k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Frequent Contributor
jake619

HiLine wrote:

How about Discover More for online shopping? At least 5% cash back from their partner online merchants. 

I thought MORE was dead and rewards operated on a quarterly cycle. Could be wrong but I no longer see it on the webpage.

bs6054 wrote:

Or go for the Priceline Visa, 2% back on everything., leaving the BCE for the 3% on groceries.    Or  the similar Fidelity Amex

Tough call for me. Every drop of my blood straight-up hates BofA, and the Fido is FIA-backed, which is BofA. In a terrible twist of unfortunate irony, Fidelity is my investment house. I'd have to swallow real hard on this one.

SnackTrader wrote:

Why not go for the Citi Forward for 5% on restaurants....?

Why not? Because I totally missed this one!!! I'm thinking this is the winner, plus baking Citi into my 2013 cake would be sweet... if they'll have me again. I never burned them but they shut me down in 09 when I had a zero balance. I will look closer into Forward.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Blogger
HiLine

jake619 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

I thought MORE was dead and rewards operated on a quarterly cycle. Could be wrong but I no longer see it on the webpage.

bs6054 wrote:

Or go for the Priceline Visa, 2% back on everything., leaving the BCE for the 3% on groceries.    Or  the similar Fidelity Amex

Tough call for me. Every drop of my blood straight-up hates BofA, and the Fido is FIA-backed, which is BofA. In a terrible twist of unfortunate irony, Fidelity is my investment house. I'd have to swallow real hard on this one.

SnackTrader wrote:

Why not go for the Citi Forward for 5% on restaurants....?

Why not? Because I totally missed this one!!! I'm thinking this is the winner, plus baking Citi into my 2013 cake would be sweet... if they'll have me again. I never burned them but they shut me down in 09 when I had a zero balance. I will look closer into Forward.

The Discover More is still available. More info here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-those-thinking-of-applying-for-Discover-It/m-p/17620...

BofA BankAmericard Cash Rewards offer 3% back on gas, by the way...

Frequent Contributor
jake619

MORE looks like a quarterly category rotating card.  BofA-backed cards are out for now.  Like I said, avoiding them at all cost.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Blogger
HiLine

jake619 wrote:

MORE looks like a quarterly category rotating card.  BofA-backed cards are out for now.  Like I said, avoiding them at all cost.

Shopdiscover's cashback is not rotating at all.

Valued Contributor
bs6054

Priceline is Barclays rather than BoA, hope that isn't as bad as BoA!

Frequent Contributor
jake619

HiLine wrote:

jake619 wrote:

How do I eat there?  J/K.  I'm looking for a card that kicks back rewards at restaurants.  I travel a bit and generally spend a good chunk of time on the road.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Frequent Contributor
jake619

bs6054 wrote:

Priceline is Barclays rather than BoA, hope that isn't as bad as BoA!

Thanks, so far Barclays likes me.  

I shafted BofA for a good chunk of $ on a short sale... They're more likely to extend a middle finger to me than credit anyway.  Haha.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Blogger
HiLine

jake619 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jake619 wrote:

How do I eat there?  J/K.  I'm looking for a card that kicks back rewards at restaurants.  I travel a bit and generally spend a good chunk of time on the road.

The Discover Open Road offers 2% cash back, but the monthly cap is $250...

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/open-road-card/

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}