Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of attack for CSP

tag
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Plan of attack for CSP

I'd like to combine a couple of things. I've been planning at some point to get get a CSP as my travel card and I'm planning on asking my GF to marry me. Been looking at rings in the $5k range. The wheels in my head started spinning and thought Hmmm wonder if I can get a CSP with a $5k CL. Ring would meet the initial spending requirement for the 40k points, would get 5k points for the purchase and would make GF an AU and get the additional 5k bonus. So 50k points would be a good start on plane tix for honeymoon or vaca or whatever. 

Trying to figure out the best plan of attack. Here's the current situation. Scores are in my sig. 

NFCU Visa Sig cashRewards $8.5k (This has changed from $500 limit to $8.5k since last billing cycle)

NFCU NavCheck $3k (New, hasn't reported yet. Also asked by secure message to increase limit to $25k using the hard pull used to establish)

Amex BCE $2k (New, hasn't reported yet)

Chase Freedom $1k (New, hasn't reported yet. Was initial deny, approved on recon)

Discover IT $800

Wal-mart $800

Cap One Secured $500 (Closed since last cycle, not reported closed yet)

Credit One $500 (Closed since last cycle, not reported closed yet)

Amex backdated my MSD to 1990. This should put my AAoA to just over 3 years.

Student loan, in deferment til 2015, Mortgage and car loan with Ford Motor Credit is also on my report. Car loan is new but it's reporting on EQ and EX don't know about TU.

No lates on any of the accounts. Only balances are daily use things on Disc. Amex and Chase being used kinda heavy for the initial spend but they're being PiF before they post. Over all util is <2%

I know I need to wait til everything shows on the reports so I have some larger CLs reporting. I was also thinking I should wait until the 61days is up for the 3x Amex CLI, let that post assuming I get a CLI then apply for the CSP but I'd like to get the INQ close to the others for the car/Amex/Freedom then go park my butt in the garden. 

Any thoughts/suggestions?

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Plan of attack for CSP

Since Chase is new account sensitive and already Freedom was on recon I can only recommend to garden at least 6 months and postpone your CSP app.  Did you get your Chase application score?  

Message 2 of 8
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I remember seeing the Ex score on the paperwork that came with the card, don't remember seeing a Chase specific score. It's all at home so I'm going off of memory so take that with a grain of salt. 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 3 of 8
newUser0
Established Contributor

+1

My theory is that, If you would have approved for Freedom for like $3-4K CL without recon. There were more chances of getting approval.

It's best to get a card with $5K CL and then recon if denied.

Message 4 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

When I got my Freedom the first card with Chase they sent me their internal score with the name  of the bureau they pulled which was EQ. But the application score was 100 points below my Fico score and this explains the horrible APR on my Freedom (22,99%) ..Reasons for this low score for me was too many new accounts compared to the number of accounts in total, too many new inquiries 6, recent credit  extention +80k etc. .....(Chase was #4 out of 6) ...Looks to me you also got quite a few new accounts and recent credit extentions ? Chase does not like that at all  Smiley Sad..did not need to recon but got horrible terms...lesson learnt for me ....will go on slow pace now and terms get way better...high CL, low APR Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 8
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Genkeim, I would wait until after your Amex cli if possible.  Another new account may reduce your chances of getting a large cli (full 3x) with them.  There no need to worry about the terms of CSP.  Chase offers the same rate to everyone approved - currently 15.99% on the website.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide Smiley Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 6 of 8
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm thinking having some larger CLs on the report will help Chase in following suit. 

Message 7 of 8
dabearsv2
Contributor

I would also suggest waiting for 6months from your Freedom app.

I am in the same boat and ultimately want the CSP as my travel card. Last week I got instant app on Freedom for 4k, and almost pulled trigger on CSP.  Instead I decided I would have a better chance and higher CL, once I got an Amex 3x CLI and PIF on my Freedom for 3-6months.

Good luck on the proposal!

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.